Kenya\'s president announced Monday that a siege of a Nairobi shopping mall was over, but said that losses from the attack by Islamist gunmen were \"immense\". \"We have ashamed and defeated our attackers, that part of our task is completed,\" President Uhuru Kenyatta said in a televised address to the nation. \"Our losses are immense,\" he added. He said 61 civilians and six members of the security forces died in the siege. He said five attackers had been killed and that there were 11 suspects in custody. The president also called three days of national mourning.
GMT 12:01 2017 Tuesday ,25 April20 dead after boat capsizes in Senegal
GMT 10:29 2017 Tuesday ,25 AprilIraqi Kurds call deadly Turkish strike 'unacceptable'
GMT 09:18 2017 Tuesday ,25 AprilToll in Turkish strikes on Syria Kurds rises to 18
GMT 09:16 2017 Tuesday ,25 AprilTurkish strike in Iraq kills six Kurdish security forces
GMT 07:55 2017 Tuesday ,25 AprilPolice say at least 24 people killed in road accident
GMT 07:52 2017 Tuesday ,25 AprilUS state of Arkansas executes two prisoners in one night
GMT 07:51 2017 Tuesday ,25 AprilThird person killed in Venezuela protests
GMT 07:49 2017 Tuesday ,25 AprilArkansas kills inmate in latest of several planned executions