At least 40 students at a Waipahu, Hawaii, elementary school suffered food poisoning symptoms after a meal and 25 were hospitalized, officials said. Eight children were taken to two area hospitals by ambulance Tuesday, and firefighters carried 11 more to a bus waiting to transport them to a hospital, KITV-TV, Honolulu, reported. Waipahu Elementary School officials said they observed signs of sickness several hours after students ate a spaghetti and meat sauce lunch. First-grader Kaimi Peters-Clarke, who did not have the lunch, said he saw "throwing up." The Hawaii Departments of Education and Health said an investigation was under way.