ulemas condemn jakarta bombing
Last Updated : GMT 06:49:16
Arab Today, arab today
Arab Today, arab today
Last Updated : GMT 06:49:16
Arab Today, arab today

Ulemas condemn Jakarta bombing

Arab Today, arab today

Arab Today, arab today Ulemas condemn Jakarta bombing

KH DR H. Anwar Abbas
Jakarta - Arab Today

The Secretary General of the Indonesian Ulemas Council (MUI) Anwar Abbas strongly condemned the terror attacks, which killed seven people in MH Thamrin Boulevard, Central Jakarta, on Thursday.

"MUI expresses its deepest condolences for the victims and hopes their families are given strength in the face of their heavy ordeals. MUI condemns any acts of violence committed by whomsoever because they are against religious teachings and hurt people," said Anwar.

The MUI urged the government to investigate and arrest soon those, who are responsible for the attacks. They should be punished, based on the existing law in Indonesia.

"MUI has also called on the people to remain calm and leave the incident to the police," Anwar said.

The MUI urged all sides to not link the bombing with Islam or other religions because religions never condone terrorism.

President Joko Widodo (Jokowi) has earlier condemned the series of bomb blasts and shootouts, which left at least seven people dead in Jakarta on Thursday.

The President has ordered the security apparatus to immediately track down the perpetrators and their networks responsible for the six bomb explosions that took place near the Sarinah shopping center and one in the Starbucks cafe within the shopping center.

"I have ordered the National Police Chief and the Security Minister to hunt down and arrest the perpetrators," President Jokowi remarked during his working visit to Cirebon, West Java.

The head of state said the government and Indonesian citizens will not be defeated by terror.

"The state, the nation, and the people should not be defeated by terror. I hope the people would stay calm," the President emphasized, adding that he will cut short his visit to Cirebon.

In recent weeks, Indonesia has been on edge over the threat posed by militants, and the counter-terrorism police have launched a crackdown on people with suspected links to ISIS.

"We had previously received a threat from ISIS that Indonesia will be the spotlight," police Spokesman Anton Charliyan informed reporters, but he said the police were still unaware as to who is responsible for the attack. 

Source: ANTARA

arabstoday
arabstoday

Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

ulemas condemn jakarta bombing ulemas condemn jakarta bombing

 



Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

ulemas condemn jakarta bombing ulemas condemn jakarta bombing

 



GMT 19:07 2017 Monday ,10 April

Clashes in Lebanon Palestinian camp kill 2

GMT 01:14 2016 Saturday ,31 December

Over 6,500 Quakes Felt Across Japan in 2016

GMT 13:54 2016 Monday ,05 September

At 82, Jane Goodall embraces modern technology

GMT 11:08 2018 Sunday ,14 January

Trump would make 'big mistake' by leaving Iran deal

GMT 16:25 2017 Saturday ,21 October

'Thor: Ragnarok' could cap record year for Marvel

GMT 09:01 2017 Tuesday ,14 November

Greek PM announces welfare handouts of 1.4bn euros

GMT 19:31 2017 Wednesday ,19 April

Sharjah Ruler opens 9th Session of SCRF 2017

GMT 03:23 2017 Sunday ,16 July

Costa Rica, Canada reach Gold Cup quarterfinals

GMT 15:03 2016 Monday ,18 January

Dust storm hits Sharqiya, Qalubiya, North Sinai

GMT 01:11 2017 Wednesday ,20 December

French FM applauds "excellent ties" with Kuwait

GMT 17:56 2016 Tuesday ,19 July

Saudia resumes flights to Turkey
Arab Today, arab today
 
 Arab Today Facebook,arab today facebook  Arab Today Twitter,arab today twitter Arab Today Rss,arab today rss  Arab Today Youtube,arab today youtube  Arab Today Youtube,arab today youtube

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

arabstoday arabstoday arabstoday arabstoday
arabstoday arabstoday arabstoday
arabstoday
بناية النخيل - رأس النبع _ خلف السفارة الفرنسية _بيروت - لبنان
arabstoday, Arabstoday, Arabstoday