debris found in australia ruled out as from mh370
Last Updated : GMT 06:49:16
Arab Today, arab today
Arab Today, arab today
Last Updated : GMT 06:49:16
Arab Today, arab today

Debris found in Australia ruled out as from MH370

Arab Today, arab today

Arab Today, arab today Debris found in Australia ruled out as from MH370

A piece of debris that washed up on a remote island off Australia's south coast was ruled out Wednesday as coming
Australia - NNA

A piece of debris that washed up on a remote island off Australia's south coast was ruled out Wednesday as coming from missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370. 


The item was found earlier this month among seaweed and driftwood and resembled part of a plane, with the words "Caution No Step" visible, according to footage on Australia's Channel Seven. 


The Australian Transport Safety Bureau, which is coordinating the search, examined the debris and dismissed it as being from the jet that vanished in March 2014 with 239 people on board. 


"Information received from the manufacturer indicates the item is not consistent with the manufacturing specifications of a Boeing commercial aircraft," the bureau said in a statement. 


Two other pieces of debris found around the same time on the Madagascan island of Nosy Boraha and handed to the ATSB are still being examined. 


The fate of the plane, presumed to have crashed at sea while travelling from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing, remains a mystery. 


Wild weather continues to hamper the search operation's progress, with one of three ships involved sustaining damage to a tow cable. 


So far 105,000 square kilometres (40,500 square miles) of the designated 120,000-square-kilometre seafloor search zone has been covered without success. 


If nothing turns up once the area is fully scoured, expected by August, the search will be abandoned, Australia, Malaysia and China -- the countries that most of the passengers came from -- have jointly said. 


Officials from the three countries met in Malaysia this week to further discuss the issue, but the talks wrapped up with no announcements. 


As the meeting began on Monday, an international network of MH370 next-of-kin released a statement repeating its call for the search to be extended

Source: NNA

arabstoday
arabstoday

Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

debris found in australia ruled out as from mh370 debris found in australia ruled out as from mh370

 



Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

debris found in australia ruled out as from mh370 debris found in australia ruled out as from mh370

 



GMT 20:26 2017 Thursday ,03 August

Not so jolly hockey sticks for North Korean sports

GMT 06:49 2017 Wednesday ,15 March

Hawaii sues over Trump’s revised travel ban

GMT 09:31 2017 Friday ,17 November

UAE and Senegal sign MoU on entry-visa exemption

GMT 20:05 2017 Thursday ,15 June

Hamas and Israel could face another war

GMT 19:24 2017 Thursday ,13 April

Saudi Shoura eyes taxes on tobacco products

GMT 17:07 2017 Sunday ,24 September

NBA, NFL hit back after Trump tirade

GMT 11:25 2017 Wednesday ,10 May

Iraq and oil states will extend production cuts

GMT 09:15 2017 Tuesday ,28 February

Harassment complaint at prior job ends road

GMT 14:53 2017 Friday ,20 October

Alonso signs new deal in boost

GMT 12:34 2017 Wednesday ,11 October

Houthi militias control Dabwa Camp in Yemen’s Dalea

GMT 04:59 2018 Thursday ,11 January

France urges more German investment to boost EU

GMT 00:12 2017 Saturday ,14 January

The incredible story of a globe-trotter

GMT 19:35 2017 Wednesday ,26 April

Lebanese Security Detains 2 for Affiliation with ISIS

GMT 19:20 2017 Friday ,08 December

Swimming event programme confirmed

GMT 04:58 2017 Saturday ,30 September

All foreign flights to Iraq Kurd capital to stop Friday
Arab Today, arab today
 
 Arab Today Facebook,arab today facebook  Arab Today Twitter,arab today twitter Arab Today Rss,arab today rss  Arab Today Youtube,arab today youtube  Arab Today Youtube,arab today youtube

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

arabstoday arabstoday arabstoday arabstoday
arabstoday arabstoday arabstoday
arabstoday
بناية النخيل - رأس النبع _ خلف السفارة الفرنسية _بيروت - لبنان
arabstoday, Arabstoday, Arabstoday