us airstrike kills several civilians in afghanistan
Last Updated : GMT 06:49:16
Arab Today, arab today
Arab Today, arab today
Last Updated : GMT 06:49:16
Arab Today, arab today

US airstrike kills several civilians in Afghanistan

Arab Today, arab today

Arab Today, arab today US airstrike kills several civilians in Afghanistan

Several civilians have been killed
Jalalabad - Arab Today

 Several civilians have been killed in an American airstrike in eastern Afghanistan, local officials said on Friday, the latest setback in efforts to bring peace to the war-torn country.
Saaz Wali Shinwari, the district governor of Haska Mina in Nangarhar province, said the raid was carried out by US troops although there was no official confirmation from NATO.
“On Thursday afternoon, the American forces bombarded a civilian private vehicle... when they were traveling inside the district,” he told AFP.
“Unfortunately, in the airstrike we have casualties. Eleven people were killed and one wounded. All the victims, which included women and children, were civilians and they were from one family.
“The victims were beyond recognition, and they were placed inside the sacks and were buried late last night,” he added.
Of the roughly 13,000 foreign forces in Afghanistan only the US carries out airstrikes.
They have been regularly targeting Daesh insurgents who control several districts in restive Nangarhar.
Dawlat Waziri, a spokesman for Afghanistan’s Defense Ministry, said the strike was carried out by foreign forces in coordination with Afghan officials.
“In the strike, five insurgents were killed and two others were wounded.
“We do not have any news about civilian casualties. But, we have appointed a delegation to investigate if civilians are killed,” he told AFP.
NATO said they were unable to provide any information when contacted by AFP.
Attaullah Khogyani, a spokesman for the Nangarhar provincial governor, said an unknown number of civilians had died but was unable to say who carried out the strike.
“I can confirm an airstrike in Haska Mina district of Nangarhar province and it led to civilian casualties. For the time being, we do not have a precise figure about the casualties,” he told AFP.
Last month a US airstrike killed 16 policemen in Helmand province. It came after a US airstrike in Sangin killed at least 18 civilians, mostly women and children, in February.
Civilian deaths are at an all-time high in Afghanistan. In the first half of the year, 1,662 civilians were killed and more than 3,500 injured, according to the UN.

source:Arab News

arabstoday
arabstoday

Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

us airstrike kills several civilians in afghanistan us airstrike kills several civilians in afghanistan

 



Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

us airstrike kills several civilians in afghanistan us airstrike kills several civilians in afghanistan

 



GMT 19:07 2017 Monday ,10 April

Clashes in Lebanon Palestinian camp kill 2

GMT 01:14 2016 Saturday ,31 December

Over 6,500 Quakes Felt Across Japan in 2016

GMT 13:54 2016 Monday ,05 September

At 82, Jane Goodall embraces modern technology

GMT 11:08 2018 Sunday ,14 January

Trump would make 'big mistake' by leaving Iran deal

GMT 16:25 2017 Saturday ,21 October

'Thor: Ragnarok' could cap record year for Marvel

GMT 09:01 2017 Tuesday ,14 November

Greek PM announces welfare handouts of 1.4bn euros

GMT 19:31 2017 Wednesday ,19 April

Sharjah Ruler opens 9th Session of SCRF 2017

GMT 03:23 2017 Sunday ,16 July

Costa Rica, Canada reach Gold Cup quarterfinals

GMT 15:03 2016 Monday ,18 January

Dust storm hits Sharqiya, Qalubiya, North Sinai

GMT 01:11 2017 Wednesday ,20 December

French FM applauds "excellent ties" with Kuwait

GMT 17:56 2016 Tuesday ,19 July

Saudia resumes flights to Turkey
Arab Today, arab today
 
 Arab Today Facebook,arab today facebook  Arab Today Twitter,arab today twitter Arab Today Rss,arab today rss  Arab Today Youtube,arab today youtube  Arab Today Youtube,arab today youtube

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

arabstoday arabstoday arabstoday arabstoday
arabstoday arabstoday arabstoday
arabstoday
بناية النخيل - رأس النبع _ خلف السفارة الفرنسية _بيروت - لبنان
arabstoday, Arabstoday, Arabstoday