
Islamic Hamas movement said on Saturday that the statements Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu made reflected that his army is in trouble in the Gaza Strip.
"Netanyahu's statements are confused...he is trying to make an elusive victory," Hamas spokesman Fawzi Barhoum said in a press statement, adding that the "armed resistance" will continue its strikes until achieving goals.
Earlier on Saturday, Netanyahu said the Israeli army will continue its military operation in Gaza until calm is restored, however long it takes.
"I prefer achieving the goal through diplomatic option, but if there's no choice, we'll use all of the means at our disposal," Netanyahu told reporters in Tel Aviv.
Netanyahu added that Israel "will make every effort" to bring the alleged captured soldier Hadar Goldin back home. Israel charges the soldier was captured Friday during a clash with Hamas militants.
Also on Saturday, Israel Radio quoted high-ranking Israeli army officials as saying that the families, who left their houses when Israel's Gaza offensive began early last month, can go home, yet warned them not to approach the border fences.
The radio also said that the Israeli army ground operations into the Gaza Strip, which aims at destroying tunnels, are almost done, adding that within the coming two days, the Israeli army will announce an end to the ground operation.
Gaza situation has worsened when the 72-hour UN/U.S.-mediated ceasefire on Friday only hours after it came into effect. Hamas and Israel accused each other of breaching the truce.
Hours after the truce collapsed, Israel announced it has lost one soldier in Rafah City, south of Gaza, and struck the city's neighborhoods with artillery fire, killing over 100 people. Yet Hamas denied it had any knowledge on the missing soldier.
Meanwhile, a Palestinian official told Xinhua that a comprehensive national delegation that includes the majority of Palestinian factions headed to Egypt's capital on Saturday to negotiate a long-term Israeli-Palestinian ceasefire. However, Israel said it will not attend the talks.
On July 8. the Israeli army has launched a military operation in the Hamas-ruled Gaza Strip in order to end rocket fire into its territory. The offensive has so far killed more than 1686 Palestinians and 65 Israelis including 63 soldiers.
Since violence erupted, regional and international powers have exerted unremitting efforts to end the ongoing fighting between Israel and Palestinian. However, endeavors to reach a prolonged ceasefire have failed so far.
GMT 13:52 2018 Friday ,14 December
Israeli troops arrest dozens in West BankGMT 13:47 2018 Friday ,14 December
Lebanese wary as Israel destroys Hezbollah border tunnelsGMT 13:35 2018 Friday ,14 December
Yemen’s security committee discusses regulation of arms possession in AdenGMT 21:00 2018 Thursday ,13 December
Cabinet approves deal on migration challenges in EgyptGMT 20:54 2018 Thursday ,13 December
Jordan braces for more anti-austerity protestsGMT 12:58 2018 Thursday ,13 December
21 Daesh militants escape Iraqi jail, most recapturedGMT 12:47 2018 Thursday ,13 December
Attacker stabs Israeli forces in Jerusalem's Old City, shot deadGMT 15:35 2018 Wednesday ,12 December
Qatari embassy celebrates national day
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Send your comments
Your comment as a visitor