
The Palestinian leadership has submitted a new proposal in the framework of the Egyptian truce initiative, to ceasefire followed by a five-day negotiation, Palestinian official Azzam al-Ahmed told reporters in Cairo on Tuesday.
He said that Egypt has approved that proposal.
"Hamas maintains its unilateral position so far, yet we will continue our contacts with its leaders in a bid to reach a consensus," he added.
He said that no time frame was set to reach a deal, adding that" what is happening on the ground controls the course of the talks."
"The negotiations will tackle lifting Gaza siege and freeing the Palestinian detainees in the Israeli prisons," he added.
GMT 13:52 2018 Friday ,14 December
Israeli troops arrest dozens in West BankGMT 13:47 2018 Friday ,14 December
Lebanese wary as Israel destroys Hezbollah border tunnelsGMT 13:35 2018 Friday ,14 December
Yemen’s security committee discusses regulation of arms possession in AdenGMT 21:00 2018 Thursday ,13 December
Cabinet approves deal on migration challenges in EgyptGMT 20:54 2018 Thursday ,13 December
Jordan braces for more anti-austerity protestsGMT 12:58 2018 Thursday ,13 December
21 Daesh militants escape Iraqi jail, most recapturedGMT 12:47 2018 Thursday ,13 December
Attacker stabs Israeli forces in Jerusalem's Old City, shot deadGMT 15:35 2018 Wednesday ,12 December
Qatari embassy celebrates national day
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Send your comments
Your comment as a visitor