
Arab League Secretary General Nabil Al-Araby hoped Monday Hamas would accept the Egyptian initiative to establish a ceasefire in Gaza.
"The Egyptian initiative calls clearly for a ceasefire," Al-Araby told reporters after a meeting with visiting UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon.
He said they discussed the deteriorating conditions in Gaza as a result of the Israeli military ground offensive and the Israeli massacres which killed more than 500 people so far and injured at least 3,300 others.
Al-Araby said he and Ban discussed means of halting the Israeli aggression, hoped a ceasefire would be announced very soon.
Asked about the UN Security Council statement that called for "immediate cessation of hostilities" in Gaza, Al-Araby said the "statement is not enough." He said they have also discussed how the international community could protect the Palestinian people.
GMT 13:52 2018 Friday ,14 December
Israeli troops arrest dozens in West BankGMT 13:47 2018 Friday ,14 December
Lebanese wary as Israel destroys Hezbollah border tunnelsGMT 13:35 2018 Friday ,14 December
Yemen’s security committee discusses regulation of arms possession in AdenGMT 21:00 2018 Thursday ,13 December
Cabinet approves deal on migration challenges in EgyptGMT 20:54 2018 Thursday ,13 December
Jordan braces for more anti-austerity protestsGMT 12:58 2018 Thursday ,13 December
21 Daesh militants escape Iraqi jail, most recapturedGMT 12:47 2018 Thursday ,13 December
Attacker stabs Israeli forces in Jerusalem's Old City, shot deadGMT 15:35 2018 Wednesday ,12 December
Qatari embassy celebrates national day
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Send your comments
Your comment as a visitor