human rights court dismisses mosley action
Last Updated : GMT 06:49:16
Arab Today, arab today
Arab Today, arab today
Last Updated : GMT 06:49:16
Arab Today, arab today

Human rights court dismisses Mosley action

Arab Today, arab today

Arab Today, arab today Human rights court dismisses Mosley action

STRASBOURG - AFP
The European Court of Human Rights dismissed on Tuesday a case brought by former world motorsport chief Max Mosley, who sought to impose press curbs after he was embroiled in a sex scandal. He took the case to the Strasbourg-based court arguing that British law had failed to protect his private life and sought a change in the law that would force newspapers to warn people before exposing their private lives. The seven judges said in a statement they had found no violation of Article 8 of the European Convention on Human Rights, which protects private and family life. Mosley, 70, had already won a case in a British court against the News of the World tabloid that published a front page story entitled "F1 boss has sick Nazi orgy with 5 hookers." But he argued that he remained a victim of a violation by the UK of his right to privacy, as the £60,000 (69,000 euros) damages he received in his action against the paper was unable to restore his privacy after millions of people had seen the embarrassing report. The court ruled that the European Convention on Human Rights "does not require media to give prior notice of intended publications to those who feature in them." Mosley, who acknowledged paying five women for sex, said the event depicted in the paper was a prison fantasy and challenged the claim that the episode was Nazi-themed. The Strasbourg ruling is likely to be seen as a welcome respite by the British media amid growing anger at so-called "super-injuctions" -- privacy orders granted by courts to celebrities which bar mention that they even exist or to whom had been granted. Prime Minister David Cameron said last month that he felt "uneasy" about some of these injunctions. Cameron said judges were using human rights legislation "to deliver a sort of privacy law" and added that it should be up to parliament to decide on the balance between press freedom and privacy. These "super-injunctions" are currently at the centre of a scandal because names of celebrities granted such orders have been revealed on Twitter. Published in March 2008, the British tabloid story labelled Mosley "a sadomasochistic sex pervert" and posted a video of the episode, secretly recorded by one of the participants, on its website. The video was viewed 1.4 million times.
arabstoday
arabstoday

Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

human rights court dismisses mosley action human rights court dismisses mosley action

 



Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

human rights court dismisses mosley action human rights court dismisses mosley action

 



GMT 22:34 2017 Sunday ,03 September

Paris region oil wells pumping on borrowed time

GMT 19:35 2017 Sunday ,30 July

New Nissan Leaf to feature e-Pedal

GMT 16:29 2017 Wednesday ,20 September

Amouta prepares suitable formation

GMT 17:05 2018 Thursday ,04 January

Japan imports 24.848 million barrels of crude from UAE

GMT 12:19 2017 Saturday ,21 January

EU probe launched into ECB links with private banks

GMT 15:50 2017 Monday ,05 June

Cyprus leaders meet UN chief to salvage talks

GMT 05:58 2017 Sunday ,11 June

Malabar Gold & Diamonds announces summer offers

GMT 21:59 2016 Tuesday ,06 September

Kabul charity hit by bomb, gun attack

GMT 20:03 2017 Thursday ,10 August

Bin Zayed offers condolences on death of Bakhita

GMT 15:49 2017 Saturday ,18 February

Fierce clashes continue in Syria's Raqqa
Arab Today, arab today
 
 Arab Today Facebook,arab today facebook  Arab Today Twitter,arab today twitter Arab Today Rss,arab today rss  Arab Today Youtube,arab today youtube  Arab Today Youtube,arab today youtube

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

arabstoday arabstoday arabstoday arabstoday
arabstoday arabstoday arabstoday
arabstoday
بناية النخيل - رأس النبع _ خلف السفارة الفرنسية _بيروت - لبنان
arabstoday, Arabstoday, Arabstoday