saudi prince underlines efforts to serve pilgrims during hajj
Last Updated : GMT 06:49:16
Arab Today, arab today
Arab Today, arab today
Last Updated : GMT 06:49:16
Arab Today, arab today

As Saudi authorities announced their success

Saudi prince underlines efforts to serve pilgrims during Hajj

Arab Today, arab today

Arab Today, arab today Saudi prince underlines efforts to serve pilgrims during Hajj

Prince Khalid Al-Faisal
Jeddah - Saeed Al-Ghamedi

Saudi Arabia declared on Friday Hajj plans for 2017 a grand success, as they guarded the environment for pilgrims performing Islamic rites on 8, 9 and 10 of Dhu al-Hijjah. Authorities also announced preparations to manage crowds for the first days of Al-Tashreeq, devil stoning days, which prohibits pilgrims from leaving camps in Mina between 2 pm to 6 pm.

The pilgrims from across the globe were gathered in Saudi desert valley of Mina, a tent city located around 7 kilometers northeast of Makkah, on Friday for the final major ritual of the annual hajj pilgrimage at the Jamarat Bridge. A Saudi official said that 1.9 million had so far successfully finished the stone-throwing ritual and headed to the Grand Mosque in Makkah for the main circumambulation, before coming back to Mina for two to three days, Al-Tashreeq designated days.

In the same context, Governor of Mecca Region and Chairman of Haj Central Committee, Prince Khalid Al-Faisal met with Malaysian Deputy Minister in the Prime Minister’s Department Datuk Dr Asyraf Wajdi Dusuki and his accompanying delegation, Saudi Press Agency (SPA) reported.

The meeting was also attended by Prince Abdullah Bandar Abdulaziz, Deputy Governor of Mecca Region Prince Khalid welcomed the Malaysian officials and pilgrims from all over the world to perform the Haj.

He said the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, its leadership, Government and people dedicated all potentials to the service of Islam and Muslims, asking Allah Almighty to accept their rituals and to return to their homeland safely. For his part, Dr Asyraf expressed appreciation to the Saudi Arabian government for the services provided to pilgrims, said SPA.

In Riyadh, Saudi Arabia announced on Friday the success of the Haj plans so far with the participation of more than 2.3 million pilgrims, especially that it was free from contagious diseases, China's Xinhua news agency reported Saudi Press Agency as saying.

The interior ministry highlighted the success of most of Hajj rituals while stressing continuation to provide the best services until the departure of all pilgrims with the assistance of more than 300,000 staff and volunteers and 21,000 vehicles. Meanwhile, the health ministry highlighted that even the season has been so far free from contagious diseases, it is ready to deal with any future emergency.

Regulations and action plans were placed and enacted to ensure pilgrims’ safety and to facilitate the performance of rites by the total of 2.35 million people carrying out the hajj pilgrimage this year. The security spokesman for the Interior Ministry, Maj. Gen. Mansour Al-Turki, said the throwing of stones in Mina valley and the walk round the Kaaba remained for most of the pilgrims before they left Makkah.

Another Saudi official said over 750,000 pilgrims ascended from Mina to Arafat and back to Mina through Muzdalifa using customary transport and about 350,000 used the train. Gadhi said the plan required that pilgrims to stay in their camps on the second day of tashreeq from 10:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. to reduce the traffic on roads leading to Jamrat bridge.

He advised pilgrims not to carry their personal effects while practicing the stone-throwing ritual. Gadhi said representatives of more than 80 foreign and domestic Hajj missions took part in the workshops held by the authorities to advise pilgrims on the culture of pilgrimage.

Updating Hajj security information, security spokesman Col. Sami Al-Shwairekh, said the number of unlicensed Hajj offices now amounted to 121, unlicensed pilgrims who were ordered back numbered 575,227, there were 251,372 vehicles forced to make U-turns, and 17,362 illegals who will be prosecuted later after their fingerprints were taken.

Civil Defense spokesman Col. Abdullah Al-Harthi highlighted the preventive role of Civil Defense, resulting in a major accident-free Hajj so far. Civil Defense had successfully carried out trials of their response to major incidents such as floods and fire, he said. They also controlled the holy sites’ train shuttles.

Al-Harthi said 95 percent of Arafat tents this year had been converted to be fireproof. He said three kinds of tunnels linked the holy sites of Mina, Arafat and Muzdalifa with downtown Makkah: some for pedestrians, others for vehicles and a third for water drainage, including potential floods caused by heavy rain.

arabstoday
arabstoday

Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

saudi prince underlines efforts to serve pilgrims during hajj saudi prince underlines efforts to serve pilgrims during hajj

 



Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

saudi prince underlines efforts to serve pilgrims during hajj saudi prince underlines efforts to serve pilgrims during hajj

 



GMT 12:54 2017 Saturday ,21 October

Malaysia Airlines picks new CEO

GMT 21:24 2017 Wednesday ,05 April

27 Daesh militants killed in Afghanistan

GMT 10:12 2017 Friday ,10 November

Interior Minister meets Interpol Chief

GMT 02:05 2017 Tuesday ,12 September

Quake hits off Japan's Fukushima, no damage or Tsunami

GMT 12:40 2014 Monday ,03 November

Egyptian diplomat addresses AUC on his new novel

GMT 23:25 2017 Monday ,09 January

Death sentences upheld in killing of UAE officer

GMT 01:31 2016 Sunday ,25 December

'Year of Giving'' will help heal wounds

GMT 12:44 2014 Tuesday ,05 August

5 theories for why first-born children are smarter

GMT 15:11 2017 Tuesday ,21 February

Hungarian slaughterhouse love story wins

GMT 13:32 2017 Saturday ,29 April

28th Arab Scout Conference to Conclude Tomorrow

GMT 13:12 2016 Wednesday ,21 December

FILA Bubbles 'OG' Receives a General Release for Holiday

GMT 03:21 2017 Wednesday ,08 March

Saudi Aramco to pay Shell $2.2b in refinery breakup

GMT 17:05 2017 Sunday ,16 April

Qatar and Philippines sign ‘$200m contracts’

GMT 13:31 2017 Thursday ,27 April

Philippine president vows to engage China in talks

GMT 12:39 2017 Saturday ,30 September

Aguero out '2-4 weeks' after crash, say Manchester City

GMT 02:31 2017 Tuesday ,10 January

Sisi meets Egypt's winger Mohamed Salah

GMT 00:43 2017 Thursday ,10 August

EON confident for 2017 after favourable winds in Q2
Arab Today, arab today
 
 Arab Today Facebook,arab today facebook  Arab Today Twitter,arab today twitter Arab Today Rss,arab today rss  Arab Today Youtube,arab today youtube  Arab Today Youtube,arab today youtube

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

arabstoday arabstoday arabstoday arabstoday
arabstoday arabstoday arabstoday
arabstoday
بناية النخيل - رأس النبع _ خلف السفارة الفرنسية _بيروت - لبنان
arabstoday, Arabstoday, Arabstoday