Damascus Fire Brigade put down a fire that erupted Saturday at a ceramic shop in Baghdad Street in Damascus, causing material damage only.
Ammar al-Jassem, who is head of al-Khanji Fire Center, told SANA that the flames swept across an area of 300 square meters and devoured amounts of insulating materials and ceramic covers that were stacked in the shop’s back warehouse.
He added the fire was contained before reaching the apartments nearby.
Bilal , the shop’s keeper, estimated the damage at SYP 60 million.
A source at Damascus Police Command said the fire was caused due to a cigarette butt.