Arab Today, arab today telstra completes 199bn sale of hong kong\s csl
Last Updated : GMT 02:18:28
Arab Today, arab today
Arab Today, arab today

Telstra completes $1.99bn sale of Hong Kong\'s CSL

Arab Today, arab today

Arab Today, arab today Telstra completes $1.99bn sale of Hong Kong\'s CSL

Sydney - AFP

Australian telecommunications giant Telstra announced Wednesday ithad completed the sale of Hong Kong-based mobile business CSL to HKT Limited,with proceeds for its stake totalling US$1.99 billion. Telstra revealed in December it planned to offload the operation, saying whilerevenue was growing strongly and market share was up, dynamics in the Hong Kongmarket meant it was time to sell.The sale, which went ahead following regulatory consent from Hong Kong's Officeof the Communications Authority, equates to US$1.99 billion for Telstra's 76.4percent stake."As part of the sale HKT also acquired the remaining 23.6 percent shareholding held by New World Development," Telstra said in a statement of the Hong Kong-listedfirm."The transaction is expected to generate a profit on sale for Telstra ofapproximately Aus$561 million (US$527 million) subject to completion accounts andaudit."In announcing the sale in December, chief executive David Thodey said Asiaremained an important part of Telstra's strategy and the company intended toremain in the region in the long-term."The team is focused on refining and enhancing our strategy across Asia andidentifying further opportunities to build our capability in the region," he said.

arabstoday
arabstoday

Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

Arab Today, arab today telstra completes 199bn sale of hong kong\s csl Arab Today, arab today telstra completes 199bn sale of hong kong\s csl

 



Arab Today, arab today

Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

Arab Today, arab today telstra completes 199bn sale of hong kong\s csl Arab Today, arab today telstra completes 199bn sale of hong kong\s csl

 



Arab Today, arab today Designer Rania Adel reveals her new collection

GMT 17:59 2017 Monday ,12 June

Designer Rania Adel reveals her new collection
Arab Today, arab today France defies terrorism through tourism

GMT 15:18 2017 Saturday ,20 May

France defies terrorism through tourism
Arab Today, arab today Mai Al-Jeddawi presents décor ideas for Ramadan
View News in Arabic - Business: نفط وبتروكيماويات
Arab Today, arab today
Arab Today, arab today
Arab Today, arab today
Arab Today, arab today
 
 Arab Today Facebook,arab today facebook  Arab Today Twitter,arab today twitter Arab Today Rss,arab today rss  Arab Today Youtube,arab today youtube  Arab Today Youtube,arab today youtube
arabstoday arabstoday arabstoday arabstoday
arabstoday arabstoday arabstoday
arabstoday
بناية النخيل - رأس النبع _ خلف السفارة الفرنسية _بيروت - لبنان
arabstoday, Arabstoday, Arabstoday