Arab Today, arab today soc gen to sell tcw fund stake to carlyle group and staff
Last Updated : GMT 06:37:29
Arab Today, arab today
Arab Today, arab today

Soc Gen to sell TCW fund stake to Carlyle Group and staff

Arab Today, arab today

Arab Today, arab today Soc Gen to sell TCW fund stake to Carlyle Group and staff

Paris - AFP

The French bank Societe Generale has reached an agreement to sell US asset manager group TCW to the Carlyle Group and TCW employees, a statement said on Thursday. Financial details were not provided, and the deal is expected to be finalised in early 2013. The deal includes the 80 percent stake Societe Generale owns directly in the Los Angeles-based company that has about $127 billion (103 billion euros) in assets under management, as well the remaining 20 percent it owns via a joint venture with Credit Agricole bank. After the deal TCW employees and management will hold approximately 40 percent of TCW, according to Carlyle. For Societe Generale, the deal will reinforce its core capital ratio by 0.13 percentage points, the statement said, helping the bank meet new reserve standards known as Basel III requirements. The bank said the sale was undertaken in line with its programme to focus on core activities, and it would book a limited goodwill charge before the finalisation of the sale. In the second quarter it wrote down by 200 million euros ($245 million) the value of its holding in TCW, which it acquired in 2001, in order \"to take account of the situation in the asset management market in the current economic environment.\" Societe Generale\'s net profit slumped 42 percent in the second quarter to 433 million euros.

arabstoday
arabstoday

Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

Arab Today, arab today soc gen to sell tcw fund stake to carlyle group and staff Arab Today, arab today soc gen to sell tcw fund stake to carlyle group and staff

 



Arab Today, arab today

Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

Arab Today, arab today soc gen to sell tcw fund stake to carlyle group and staff Arab Today, arab today soc gen to sell tcw fund stake to carlyle group and staff

 



Arab Today, arab today France defies terrorism through tourism

GMT 15:18 2017 Saturday ,20 May

France defies terrorism through tourism
Arab Today, arab today Zainab Fadel Oglu designs “Shakerin” mosque

GMT 12:13 2017 Thursday ,11 May

Zainab Fadel Oglu designs “Shakerin” mosque
Arab Today, arab today Seeks to move past rift with Israel

GMT 08:00 2017 Monday ,08 May

Seeks to move past rift with Israel
View News in Arabic - Business: نفط وبتروكيماويات
Arab Today, arab today
Arab Today, arab today
Arab Today, arab today Mozambique's gas boom dream under threat

GMT 16:29 2017 Monday ,08 May

Mozambique's gas boom dream under threat
Arab Today, arab today Prepares to give stargazers an eyeful

GMT 13:38 2017 Monday ,06 March

Prepares to give stargazers an eyeful
Arab Today, arab today Jaguar displays XF Sportbrake line

GMT 14:36 2017 Monday ,08 May

Jaguar displays XF Sportbrake line
Arab Today, arab today BMW sees forecasts in reach

GMT 09:04 2017 Thursday ,04 May

BMW sees forecasts in reach
Arab Today, arab today Climate science: Bad news gets worse

GMT 08:48 2017 Saturday ,06 May

Climate science: Bad news gets worse
Arab Today, arab today
Arab Today, arab today
 
 Arab Today Facebook,arab today facebook  Arab Today Twitter,arab today twitter Arab Today Rss,arab today rss  Arab Today Youtube,arab today youtube  Arab Today Youtube,arab today youtube
arabstoday arabstoday arabstoday arabstoday
arabstoday arabstoday arabstoday
arabstoday
بناية النخيل - رأس النبع _ خلف السفارة الفرنسية _بيروت - لبنان
arabstoday, Arabstoday, Arabstoday