Philippine hunger incidence rose in the second quarter with a recent survey by the Social Weather Station (SWS) showing more Filipinos claming their family went hungry. A June 28 to 30 SWS survey showed that more people or 22.7 percent claimed that their family went hungry in the last three months, compared to the 19.2 percent that said that they experienced hunger in March. The survey, which covered 1,200 respondents nationwide, also showed that it is the second highest level of hunger rate since President Benigno Aquino III assumed the presidency in 2010. The first one was recorded in March 2012 with 23.8 percent. About 33.4 percent of those who claimed to be poor said their family experienced hunger in the last three months (25.4 percent moderate hunger, 8 percent severe hunger). Presidential Spokesman Edwin Lacierda said the government is committed to solving poverty and hunger problem. \"We are committed to improving the lives of the poor by providing them access to opportunities and the means to uplift themselves,\" he said, adding that the Conditional Cash Transfer program is one example of their anti-poverty programs that had been benefiting the poor .