Arab Today, arab today australia\s 9 entertainment dodges default
Last Updated : GMT 02:58:58
Arab Today, arab today
Arab Today, arab today

Australia\'s 9 Entertainment dodges default

Arab Today, arab today

Arab Today, arab today Australia\'s 9 Entertainment dodges default

Washington - AFP

Struggling Australian media empire Nine Entertainment fell into the hands of US hedge funds Wednesday as part of a last-ditch deal over its Aus$3.3 billion (US$3.4 billion) debt. Nine had been on the verge of default, owing $2.3 billion to US hedge funds Apollo Global Management and Oaktree Capital and a further Aus$1 billion to investment bank Goldman Sachs. But a relieved chief executive David Gyngell emerged from a meeting of creditors in Sydney to announce that \"there is a deal\", with the US trio agreeing to swap all debt for 100 percent equity in the media firm. \"We have a fully capitalised business,\" Gyngell said of the company that runs Australia\'s oldest commercial television channel, the Nine Network, as well as other TV and radio stations and online assets. \"All those doomsayers out there are going to have to eat their words. \"We have never had a more powerful balance sheet. We are ready to rock and roll for next year,\" added Gyngell. Nine said the \"landmark agreement\" -- the full details of which will be presented to Australia\'s corporate regulator next month -- would see Oaktree and Apollo take 95.5 percent of Nine and Goldman Sachs the other 4.5 percent. \"We believe this is an outstanding outcome for all stakeholders,\" said Nine chairman Peter Bush, describing recent days as a \"very challenging period\" for the firm. \"The business has great momentum and strong cash flow, and now it will have the strongest balance sheet in the industry.\" Bush said the \"breakthrough\" deal would not affect Nine\'s customers, employees or partners, saying business would go on as usual. Had the company been unable to secure an agreement it faced being placed in administration because it would be unable to service its debt. Previously known as PBL Media and part-owned by the Packer media family, the company rebranded as Nine Entertainment in 2010. It sold off its struggling ACP Magazines stable to Germany\'s Bauer Media Group last month in a bid to trim its debt obligations and make itself more attractive to investors. The firm was linked earlier this year to Hollywood magnate Harry Sloan, the former chair of MGM Studios, who was reported to be interested in a takeover that would see Nine refinanced and listed on the Nasdaq.

arabstoday
arabstoday

Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

Arab Today, arab today australia\s 9 entertainment dodges default Arab Today, arab today australia\s 9 entertainment dodges default

 



Arab Today, arab today

Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

Arab Today, arab today australia\s 9 entertainment dodges default Arab Today, arab today australia\s 9 entertainment dodges default

 



Arab Today, arab today Designer prepared new set of ornaments

GMT 02:45 2017 Wednesday ,28 June

Designer prepared new set of ornaments
Arab Today, arab today France defies terrorism through tourism

GMT 15:18 2017 Saturday ,20 May

France defies terrorism through tourism
Arab Today, arab today Mai Al-Jeddawi presents décor ideas for Ramadan
Arab Today, arab today
Arab Today, arab today

GMT 09:49 2017 Tuesday ,02 May

Girl barred from Malaysia chess competition

GMT 08:48 2017 Saturday ,06 May

Climate science: Bad news gets worse

GMT 16:25 2017 Sunday ,04 June

“Suhoor” is basic meal for fasting

GMT 06:31 2015 Thursday ,04 June

Pluto's unruly moons

GMT 11:09 2017 Sunday ,25 June

HUAWEI P10 the ‘guru’ of portrait shots

GMT 17:59 2017 Monday ,12 June

Designer Rania Adel reveals her new collection
Arab Today, arab today
Arab Today, arab today
 
 Arab Today Facebook,arab today facebook  Arab Today Twitter,arab today twitter Arab Today Rss,arab today rss  Arab Today Youtube,arab today youtube  Arab Today Youtube,arab today youtube
arabstoday arabstoday arabstoday arabstoday
arabstoday arabstoday arabstoday
arabstoday
بناية النخيل - رأس النبع _ خلف السفارة الفرنسية _بيروت - لبنان
arabstoday, Arabstoday, Arabstoday