Arab Today, arab today egyptian bourse suffers 45b capital loss
Last Updated : GMT 15:50:20
Arab Today, arab today
Arab Today, arab today

Egyptian bourse suffers $4.5b capital loss

Arab Today, arab today

Arab Today, arab today Egyptian bourse suffers $4.5b capital loss

Dubai - Arabstoday

The Egyptian stock exchange suffered a $4.5 billion loss in market capitalisation in August due to the repercussions of the US credit rating downgrade by Standard and Poor\'s. Market capital for the stock exchange declined by 7 per cent to 357.3 billion Egyptian pounds at the end of August from 384 billion pounds in the beginning of the month, according to the monthly report released by the bourse. \"Investors did not lose this amount,\" Ebrahim Al Nemr, head of technical analysis at Naeem, said. \"This was a loss on paper. The real loss was the decline of EGX 30 indicators to 4,400 in Ramadan. \"This had a negative impact on shareholders and was a bigger loss to the investors.\" Trial The trial of former president Hosni Mubarak, which began on August 3, should not affect investors negatively, he added. \"The trial of Mubarak is not related,\" Al Nemr said. \"He is a former president and he is being tried for past mistakes. \"But investors are concerned about the future. The trial should overall lead to a more positive investment environment.\" The primary and secondary market indicators also witnessed a decline with EGX 30 dropping by 7.86 per cent to 4,640. EGX 70, the bourse for small and medium companies, fell 8.19 per cent to 589. Similarly, The EGX 100 dropped 8.8. per cent to close at 870 at the end of August. The total value of trading during the month rose to 12.5 billion pounds, while the amount of trading was 1.55 billion stocks done through 435,000 transactions. Transactions by Egyptians formed 84.35 per cent of the total in the market, 11.88 per cent by non-Arabs, and 3.77 per cent by Arabs. The majority of transactions at the stock exchange, 63.33 per cent, were done by companies leaving 36.67 per cent of the transactions to individuals. These companies recorded total sales worth 187.33 million pounds. Analysts predict that the market will continue to see a downward trend in September. Instability \"Investors need to take decisions for the future,\" Al Nemr said. \"But there is instability and lack of direction. The parliamentary elections will be at the end of September but there is no clear political and economic direction. \"When there is uncertainty in politics, the economic direction is unclear.\"  

arabstoday
arabstoday

Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

Arab Today, arab today egyptian bourse suffers 45b capital loss Arab Today, arab today egyptian bourse suffers 45b capital loss

 



Arab Today, arab today

Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

Arab Today, arab today egyptian bourse suffers 45b capital loss Arab Today, arab today egyptian bourse suffers 45b capital loss

 



Arab Today, arab today Designer Rania Adel reveals her new collection

GMT 17:59 2017 Monday ,12 June

Designer Rania Adel reveals her new collection
Arab Today, arab today France defies terrorism through tourism

GMT 15:18 2017 Saturday ,20 May

France defies terrorism through tourism
Arab Today, arab today Mai Al-Jeddawi presents décor ideas for Ramadan
View News in Arabic - Business: أسواق مالية
Arab Today, arab today
Arab Today, arab today

GMT 09:49 2017 Tuesday ,02 May

Girl barred from Malaysia chess competition

GMT 08:48 2017 Saturday ,06 May

Climate science: Bad news gets worse

GMT 16:25 2017 Sunday ,04 June

“Suhoor” is basic meal for fasting

GMT 06:31 2015 Thursday ,04 June

Pluto's unruly moons

GMT 23:13 2017 Sunday ,18 June

New ransomware virus attacking mobiles in Oman
Arab Today, arab today
Arab Today, arab today
 
 Arab Today Facebook,arab today facebook  Arab Today Twitter,arab today twitter Arab Today Rss,arab today rss  Arab Today Youtube,arab today youtube  Arab Today Youtube,arab today youtube
arabstoday arabstoday arabstoday arabstoday
arabstoday arabstoday arabstoday
arabstoday
بناية النخيل - رأس النبع _ خلف السفارة الفرنسية _بيروت - لبنان
arabstoday, Arabstoday, Arabstoday