Arab Today, arab today post holdings nears deal to buy michael foods
Last Updated : GMT 21:20:53
Arab Today, arab today
Arab Today, arab today

Post Holdings nears deal to buy Michael Foods

Arab Today, arab today

Arab Today, arab today Post Holdings nears deal to buy Michael Foods

New York - AFP

US cereal maker Post Holdings is close to a deal to acquire food processor Michael Foods Group for about $2.5 billion, a person familiar with the transaction said Wednesday. A deal could be announced as soon as Thursday, the person said. A manufacturer of iconic cereal brands such as Grape-Nuts and Honeycomb, Post has diversified its product offerings to include protein bars, pasta and other foods. Michael Foods, based in Minnetonka, Minnesota, is known for specialty egg products, cheese and other dairy products. Michael Foods reported 2013 earnings of $50.4 million on revenues of $1.9 billion. The company is owned 80 percent by GS Capital Partners, a private equity unit of Goldman Sachs, which paid $1.7 billion for the stake in 2010. The remaining 20 percent stake is held by Thomas H. Lee Partners, another private equity firm. In February, Post finalized acquisitions of Golden Boy Foods, a maker of peanut butter and other nut butters, and Dymatize Enterprises,which makes protein powders and nutritional supplements. Post shares surged after the first media reports of the deal Wednesday afternoon. Shares closed 5.6 percent higher at $54.72.

arabstoday
arabstoday

Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

Arab Today, arab today post holdings nears deal to buy michael foods Arab Today, arab today post holdings nears deal to buy michael foods

 



Arab Today, arab today

Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

Arab Today, arab today post holdings nears deal to buy michael foods Arab Today, arab today post holdings nears deal to buy michael foods

 



Arab Today, arab today France defies terrorism through tourism

GMT 15:18 2017 Saturday ,20 May

France defies terrorism through tourism
Arab Today, arab today How to do your own Ramadan corner?

GMT 15:53 2017 Saturday ,27 May

How to do your own Ramadan corner?
View News in Arabic - Business: أخبار الشركات
Arab Today, arab today
Arab Today, arab today
Arab Today, arab today
Arab Today, arab today
 
 Arab Today Facebook,arab today facebook  Arab Today Twitter,arab today twitter Arab Today Rss,arab today rss  Arab Today Youtube,arab today youtube  Arab Today Youtube,arab today youtube
arabstoday arabstoday arabstoday arabstoday
arabstoday arabstoday arabstoday
arabstoday
بناية النخيل - رأس النبع _ خلف السفارة الفرنسية _بيروت - لبنان
arabstoday, Arabstoday, Arabstoday