Arab Today, arab today dubai group sells turkey insurance arm
Last Updated : GMT 21:46:51
Arab Today, arab today
Arab Today, arab today

Dubai Group sells Turkey insurance arm

Arab Today, arab today

Arab Today, arab today Dubai Group sells Turkey insurance arm

Abu Dhabi - Arabstoday

Dubai Group has sold its Turkish insurance arm to a company owned by former AIG chief executive Maurice “Hank” Greenberg and a unit of Dubai lender Mashreq Bank, as the state investment firm looks to cut its debt pile. Oman Insurance Co, the unit of Mashreq, said yesterday it had bought a 51% stake in Dubai Group Sigorta, an insurance company based in Istanbul which does non-life insurance business. The remaining 49% was acquired by Starr Insurance and Reinsurance Ltd, part of Greenberg’s Starr International Co, OIC said. No financial details of the transaction were provided. Dubai Group, part of Dubai Holding, was hit hard by the global financial crisis and has seen the value of most of its holdings decline. Like most other state-linked entities in the emirate, it embarked on talks with creditors to restructure debt and extend maturities. Its financial assets include stakes in Egypt’s EFG Hermes, an investment bank hit by Middle Eastern turmoil, and Cyprus Popular Bank, formerly Marfin, whose recapitalisation forced Cyprus to seek an international bailout. Dubai Group also has a stake in Borse Dubai, which owns 20.6% of the London Stock Exchange. Penetration rates for the insurance sector in the Middle East remain low compared with developed markets, with operators under increasing pressure to boost efficiency, roll out new products and explore new markets. Turkey, the fastest expanding economy in Europe with growth of 8.5% last year, is seen as attractive to foreign insurers looking to diversify away from competitive and mature home markets. Dubai Group Sigorta was formed in 2008. It made a loss of 34.2mn Turkish lira ($18.8mn), according to its 2011 annual report. From gulf times.

arabstoday
arabstoday

Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

Arab Today, arab today dubai group sells turkey insurance arm Arab Today, arab today dubai group sells turkey insurance arm

 



Arab Today, arab today

Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

Arab Today, arab today dubai group sells turkey insurance arm Arab Today, arab today dubai group sells turkey insurance arm

 



Arab Today, arab today France defies terrorism through tourism

GMT 15:18 2017 Saturday ,20 May

France defies terrorism through tourism
Arab Today, arab today Zainab Fadel Oglu designs “Shakerin” mosque

GMT 12:13 2017 Thursday ,11 May

Zainab Fadel Oglu designs “Shakerin” mosque
Arab Today, arab today Seeks to move past rift with Israel

GMT 08:00 2017 Monday ,08 May

Seeks to move past rift with Israel
View News in Arabic - Business: أخبار الشركات
Arab Today, arab today
Arab Today, arab today
Arab Today, arab today Mozambique's gas boom dream under threat

GMT 16:29 2017 Monday ,08 May

Mozambique's gas boom dream under threat
Arab Today, arab today Prepares to give stargazers an eyeful

GMT 13:38 2017 Monday ,06 March

Prepares to give stargazers an eyeful
Arab Today, arab today Jaguar displays XF Sportbrake line

GMT 14:36 2017 Monday ,08 May

Jaguar displays XF Sportbrake line
Arab Today, arab today BMW sees forecasts in reach

GMT 09:04 2017 Thursday ,04 May

BMW sees forecasts in reach
Arab Today, arab today Climate science: Bad news gets worse

GMT 08:48 2017 Saturday ,06 May

Climate science: Bad news gets worse
Arab Today, arab today
Arab Today, arab today
 
 Arab Today Facebook,arab today facebook  Arab Today Twitter,arab today twitter Arab Today Rss,arab today rss  Arab Today Youtube,arab today youtube  Arab Today Youtube,arab today youtube
arabstoday arabstoday arabstoday arabstoday
arabstoday arabstoday arabstoday
arabstoday
بناية النخيل - رأس النبع _ خلف السفارة الفرنسية _بيروت - لبنان
arabstoday, Arabstoday, Arabstoday