Vice President and Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai, His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, has honoured the winners of the 15th edition of the Arab Journalism Award, in a ceremony held at the conclusion of the 15th edition of the Arab Media Forum (AMF) at Dubai World Trade Centre.
Those present at the awarding ceremony included H.H. Sheikh Maktoum bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Deputy Ruler of Dubai; Mohammad bin Abdullah Al Gergawi, Minister of Cabinet Affairs and the Future, Ohood bint Khalfan Al Roumi, Minister of State for Happiness, Mona Ghanem Al Marri, Secretary-General of the Arab Journalism Award and Chairperson of the Organising Committee of the AMF; as well as a large number of senior officials and Arab journalists.
The ceremony began with a short documentary on the life of the late Khalfan Al Roumi, former Chairman of the Arab Journalism Award. It was followed by a film which chronicled the Award's progress.
During the ceremony, "Hope," a poem by His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, was sung by the prominent singer Kadhim Al Saher.
Sheikh Mohammed presented the Media Personality of the Year Award to the noted writer Abdul Rahman Al Rashid, in recognition of his efforts to enrich the Arab media landscape and his long and eventful career.
He presented the Best Newspaper Column Award to the Lebanese critic Ibrahim Al Arees.
The Smart Journalism Award went to Hesspress, Morocco's leading online newspaper.
Winners of the other awards are: - Humanitarian Journalism Award: Naema Al Saridi; Almaghrib Today newspaper (Morocco).
- Specialised Journalism Award : Al Khaleej newspaper team (UAE).
- Sport Journalism Award: Rida Saleem; Al Ittihad newspaper (UAE).
- Cultural Journalism Award: Mustafa Obada; Al Ahram Al Arabi magazine - Investigative Reporting Award: Huda Zakaria and Mohammed Al Mandarawi; Al Youm al Sabee newspaper - Business Journalism Award: Osama Jalal: KUNA (Kuwait).
- Political Journalism Award: Dr. Abdullah Al Madani; Al Ittihad newspaper (UAE).
- Press Interviews Journalism Award: Faisal bin Saeed al Alawi; Al Watan newspaper (Oman).
- Photo Journalism Award: Mohammed Turkman, Reuters (Palestine).
- Outstanding Cartoon Works Award: Muwafaq Rushdi; for work shown on Sky News Arabia - Young Journalist Awards: Abeer Isa; Kul Al Usra magazine (UAE), Ayat Al Habbal; Al Masri Al Youm newspaper (Egypt), and Haleema Abrouk of Akhbar Al Youm newspaper (Morocco).