A past winner of the Miss Lebanon Emigrant UK pageant
On June 30 2012 a group of Lebanese beauties will be competing for the coveted title of Miss Lebanon Emigrant UK.
The 9 contestants will vie for the attention of a panel of experienced and
professional judges who, after a series of grilling assessments, will decided on who will be crowned the \'Queen\' of the prestigious beauty pageant.
The Miss Lebanon Emigrant Committee in the UK is just one of many similar committees around the world that are searching for finalists to compete in Miss Lebanon Emigrant 2012, which is due to take place in Beirut, Lebanon, this August.
This year, national Miss Lebanon Emigrant beauty pageants are being held worldwide in over 35 countries known for their prominent Lebanese populations, in order to find this year\'s finalists.
To prove they deserve the title, the girls will be assessed on a series of tasks, including a fashion catwalk, a talent show and questions from the judges. Organisers say the competition will not focus entirely on looks but also talent, personality and intellect.
The public will account for 25 percent of the final vote and the Judging panel will have the remaining 75 percent..
Whoever is crowned the winner of “Miss Lebanon Emigrant UK” will be expected to connect with her Lebanese community and act as an ambassador between the UK and Lebanon. She must also have the ambition to make positive changes in the Lebanese Community throughout the UK and worldwide.
Lebanon is a regional leader in the beauty pageant industry, a fact that is reflected in the amount of international beauty titles Lebanese have won in the past. Miss Universe in 1972, Ms Globe 2000, Miss International 2002, Miss Model of the World 2005, Mr. Teen of The World 2005 and Mr International in 2006 have all gone to Lebanese nationals.
This year\'s event will be hosted at the world-renowned Copthorne Tara Hotel in Kensington, London, and will include a dinner and will feature musical performances by a belly dancer and a popular Lebanese singer. Tickets available for general purchase now.