Author Rasheed Olayemi N. Mustapha uses poetry to help readers identify and instill good morals and improve reading comprehension in his interactive new collection, “Poetry for the Rightful Thinkers” (published by Trafford Publishing).
“My book is an essential tool for revamping our society,” Mustapha says. “Many youths lack good morals nowadays, and this is why we are experiencing lots of evils in the world. The book lays emphasis on inculcating good morals in people.”
Mustapha has created a selection of poems presented in these pages, each followed by a series of questions and exercises to help readers reflect on their content and apply them to daily life. A wealth of topics including determination, modesty, punctuality and endurance are covered.
The poem “Foresightedness” is accompanied by the following exercise questions:
1. Who needs foresighted countrymen?
2. Where is the first place of initiating the developments we can see in the world?
3. Why does it not augur well to restrict one’s thinking to today alone?
4. List 5 things you should do to aid your personal development.
5. Mention 4 areas of life in which youths of today are frivolous.