Arab Today, arab today total chances good to renew uae oil concession
Last Updated : GMT 08:53:10
Arab Today, arab today
Arab Today, arab today

Total chances good to renew UAE oil concession

Arab Today, arab today

Arab Today, arab today Total chances good to renew UAE oil concession

Abu Dhabi - AFP

Oil giant Total has a "good" chance to keep its operating share in Abu Dhabi's onshore oilfields as the Gulf emirate prepares new  concessions, France's international trade minister said Monday. Total has a 9.5 percent share in the 75-year-old concession which has come to an end on January 10, while the emirate is expected to select by 2015 the international bidders. "Total's chances are good," French International Trade Minister Nicole Bricq told AFP on the sideline of an energy conference in Abu Dhabi, the capital of the United Arab Emirates federation. "It is a loyal partner, which has heavily invested and is appreciated... I am hopeful. It must be treated as a great partner and I think it deserves it," she said. Total and four other international companies -- comprising Royal Dutch Shell, BP, Exxon Mobil and Partex Oil and Gas, held a 40 percent stake in the Abu Dhabi Company for Onshore Oil Operations(ADCO), since the concession was given in 1939. The government's Abu Dhabi National Oil Co held the remaining 60 percent. ADCO, which accounts for more than half of the emirate's oil production, will continue to operate the concession areas until ADNOC has processed bids by international companies for a new concession. Industry sources expect the process to be completed in 2015. The UAE, OPEC's fourth largest supplier, is one of the last few nations that have such agreements with international oil majors. UAE Energy Minister Suheil al-Mazrouei said in October that his country was on track to raise its crude oil production to 3.5 million barrels per day by 2017. Current output is estimated at around 2.9 million bpd. More than 90 percent of the estimated 100 billion barrels of UAE reserves are concentrated in Abu Dhabi, the largest emirate in the seven-member federation.

arabstoday
arabstoday

Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

Arab Today, arab today total chances good to renew uae oil concession Arab Today, arab today total chances good to renew uae oil concession

 



Arab Today, arab today

Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

Arab Today, arab today total chances good to renew uae oil concession Arab Today, arab today total chances good to renew uae oil concession

 



Arab Today, arab today France defies terrorism through tourism

GMT 15:18 2017 Saturday ,20 May

France defies terrorism through tourism
Arab Today, arab today Zainab Fadel Oglu designs “Shakerin” mosque

GMT 12:13 2017 Thursday ,11 May

Zainab Fadel Oglu designs “Shakerin” mosque
View News in Arabic - Business: نفط وبتروكيماويات
Arab Today, arab today
Arab Today, arab today
Arab Today, arab today Mozambique's gas boom dream under threat

GMT 16:29 2017 Monday ,08 May

Mozambique's gas boom dream under threat
Arab Today, arab today Prepares to give stargazers an eyeful

GMT 13:38 2017 Monday ,06 March

Prepares to give stargazers an eyeful
Arab Today, arab today Jaguar displays XF Sportbrake line

GMT 14:36 2017 Monday ,08 May

Jaguar displays XF Sportbrake line
Arab Today, arab today BMW sees forecasts in reach

GMT 09:04 2017 Thursday ,04 May

BMW sees forecasts in reach
Arab Today, arab today Climate science: Bad news gets worse

GMT 08:48 2017 Saturday ,06 May

Climate science: Bad news gets worse
Arab Today, arab today
Arab Today, arab today
 
 Arab Today Facebook,arab today facebook  Arab Today Twitter,arab today twitter Arab Today Rss,arab today rss  Arab Today Youtube,arab today youtube  Arab Today Youtube,arab today youtube
arabstoday arabstoday arabstoday arabstoday
arabstoday arabstoday arabstoday
arabstoday
بناية النخيل - رأس النبع _ خلف السفارة الفرنسية _بيروت - لبنان
arabstoday, Arabstoday, Arabstoday