Rolls-Royce, the global power systems company, has been awarded a strategic contract to supply Abu Dhabi Marine Operating Company (ADMA-OPCO) with power generation equipment and related services to help boost oil and gas processing at the Satah Al-Razboot (SARB) offshore project in the UAE. The contract was awarded by the Korean engineering, procurement and construction firm Hyundai Engineering and Construction (HDEC) and is the first Trent 60 gas turbine sale to a Korean EPC. The SARB project will play a key role in boosting domestic oil and gas production in the UAE. Rolls-Royce will supply five aero-derivative Trent 60 gas turbine generator sets to power offshore production platforms and oil and gas processing facilities on Zirku Island. Each Trent 60 gas turbine is capable of producing up to 66 megawatts of power and will feature low emissions technology to minimise environmental impact. This contract brings the total number of Trent 60 gas turbines operating in the UAE oil and gas market to fourteen. Andrew Heath, Rolls-Royce President - Energy said, "I am delighted that Rolls-Royce has been chosen to deliver the power generation required for the milestone SARB project. This contract reflects the Trent 60's attractiveness as the most powerful and reliable aero-derivative gas turbine available and strengthens our role supporting the Middle East's critical energy infrastructure." Rolls-Royce will manufacture and package the equipment at its facilities in Montreal, Canada and Mount Vernon, Ohio, U.S.A. SARB involves the construction of facilities to transfer oil drilled on 86 wells of the SARB offshore oil field, 120 kilometres northwest of Abu Dhabi. Facilities related to collection and transport will be constructed on two artificial islands. In addition, HDEC will build a facility in Zirku Island to separate gas from crude oil collected in the SARB and Umm Al Lulu oil fields. The Zirku Island oil and gas processing facility will have a daily capacity of 200,000 barrels of oil, equivalent to 160,000 200-liter drums, and 35 million cubic feet of gas, the amount on which about 6,600 gas buses can run. ADMA-OPCO is 60% owned by the Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC), with the remaining 40% shareholding is divided between BP, Total and JODCO.