Arab Today, arab today iraq approves sale of oilfield stake by statoil
Last Updated : GMT 03:14:56
Arab Today, arab today
Arab Today, arab today

Iraq approves sale of oilfield stake by Statoil

Arab Today, arab today

Arab Today, arab today Iraq approves sale of oilfield stake by Statoil

Baghdad - Arabstoday

Iraq has approved the sale by Norway’s Statoil ASA of its minority stake in a giant oil field to Lukoil OAO, making the Russian firm the sole foreign partner in one of Iraq’s biggest new oil projects, two Iraqi oil industry sources said on Wednesday. Statoil will sell its 18.75 per cent state in the West Qurna Phase-2 field to Lukoil, giving the Russian firm a 75 per cent stake. An Iraqi state oil company owns the other 25 per cent. The deal makes Statoil the first big Western oil firm to abandone of the lucrative oil deals offered by Iraq in recent years. “Statoil reached an agreement with Lukoil to sell its stake in West Qurna-2, and Iraq’s Oil Ministry approved the deal,” an Iraqi oil industry source said. Another Iraqi oil industry source confirmed the deal. “Statoil has sold its stake to Lukoil, and Lukoil now is the sole operator of West Qurna-2,” the second source said. Statoil confirmed it was in talks to sell the stake and said it would comment fully when the deal was finished. “Both Lukoil and Iraqi authorities have previously confirmed that we have initiated a process to transfer our shares in the West Qurna-2 project in Iraq,” a spokesman said. “We will inform when this process is complete.” The Norwegian state company has considered quitting Iraq for some time and turning its attention to less risky assets elsewhere, industry sources say. It is planning billions of dollars worth of investments in areas such as offshore Norway and in the United States. Lukoil and Statoil sealed the 20-year deal in December 2009 to develop the virgin field. They targeted a plateau output of 1.8 million barrels per day (bpd) in six years. Iraq has signed several oil deals to develop its vast oil fields, which target capacity of 12 million bpd by 2017. Infrastructure bottlenecks and bureaucratic hurdles make achieving a target of 6 million bpd look ambitious, but the deals are still expected to make Iraq one of the world’s biggest sources of new oil in the next few years. Iraq’s oil production has been held back by decades of war and sanctions, but officials say they now expect it to rise quickly.

arabstoday
arabstoday

Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

Arab Today, arab today iraq approves sale of oilfield stake by statoil Arab Today, arab today iraq approves sale of oilfield stake by statoil

 



Arab Today, arab today

Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

Arab Today, arab today iraq approves sale of oilfield stake by statoil Arab Today, arab today iraq approves sale of oilfield stake by statoil

 



Arab Today, arab today France defies terrorism through tourism

GMT 15:18 2017 Saturday ,20 May

France defies terrorism through tourism
Arab Today, arab today Zainab Fadel Oglu designs “Shakerin” mosque

GMT 12:13 2017 Thursday ,11 May

Zainab Fadel Oglu designs “Shakerin” mosque
Arab Today, arab today Seeks to move past rift with Israel

GMT 08:00 2017 Monday ,08 May

Seeks to move past rift with Israel
View News in Arabic - Business: نفط وبتروكيماويات
Arab Today, arab today
Arab Today, arab today
Arab Today, arab today Mozambique's gas boom dream under threat

GMT 16:29 2017 Monday ,08 May

Mozambique's gas boom dream under threat
Arab Today, arab today Prepares to give stargazers an eyeful

GMT 13:38 2017 Monday ,06 March

Prepares to give stargazers an eyeful
Arab Today, arab today Jaguar displays XF Sportbrake line

GMT 14:36 2017 Monday ,08 May

Jaguar displays XF Sportbrake line
Arab Today, arab today BMW sees forecasts in reach

GMT 09:04 2017 Thursday ,04 May

BMW sees forecasts in reach
Arab Today, arab today Climate science: Bad news gets worse

GMT 08:48 2017 Saturday ,06 May

Climate science: Bad news gets worse
Arab Today, arab today
Arab Today, arab today
 
 Arab Today Facebook,arab today facebook  Arab Today Twitter,arab today twitter Arab Today Rss,arab today rss  Arab Today Youtube,arab today youtube  Arab Today Youtube,arab today youtube
arabstoday arabstoday arabstoday arabstoday
arabstoday arabstoday arabstoday
arabstoday
بناية النخيل - رأس النبع _ خلف السفارة الفرنسية _بيروت - لبنان
arabstoday, Arabstoday, Arabstoday