Arab Today, arab today officials head to egypt to discuss gaza fuel crisis
Last Updated : GMT 21:53:08
Arab Today, arab today
Arab Today, arab today

Officials head to Egypt to discuss Gaza fuel crisis

Arab Today, arab today

Arab Today, arab today Officials head to Egypt to discuss Gaza fuel crisis

Ramallah - WAFA

President of the Palestinian Energy Authority Omar Kittaneh and Accountant General of the Palestinian Authority Yousef al-Zamer Saturday headed to Egypt to discuss ways to reach a permanent arrangement to supply fuel to the only power plant in Gaza, Voice of Palestine radio reported. Zamer and Kittaneh, upon instructions from Prime Minister Salam Fayyad, will meet Egyptian officials in Cairo to agree on a mechanism to provide stable fuel supplies to the power plant and make arrangements for making the payment. Kittaneh told Voice of Palestine that due to the PA’s acute financial crisis, it no longer can afford to cover 70% of Gaza’s electricity bill, especially as the electricity company does not collect the remaining 30% from its customers. Fayyad told the press on Saturday that the PA used to pay more than $13 million in electricity cost to Gaza every month, while the electricity company collects less than 30% of the overall bill. He called on the electricity company to collect bills from the beneficiaries who are capable of paying for the service they get so that it will cover the cost of the fuel it uses. According to Saed Sayel, CEO of the Gaza Electricity Company, which runs the power generator, the reason his company is not paying the bill is because Hamas, which rules Gaza, intervenes in the company finances and insists instead on getting the fuel through the smuggling tunnels that run under the borders between the Gaza Strip and Egypt. Fayyad called on Hamas movement not to put obstacles in the electricity company’s process of collecting the bills in the Strip and not to make favors for certain people who can afford to pay their electricity bills. Around 450,000 liters of Israeli diesel entered the Gaza Strip through the Israeli Karem Abu Salem (Kerem Shalom) crossing point on Friday to supply its power plant after arrangements between PA, the Egyptian government and Israel. The fuel shipment is enough for one day.

arabstoday
arabstoday

Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

Arab Today, arab today officials head to egypt to discuss gaza fuel crisis Arab Today, arab today officials head to egypt to discuss gaza fuel crisis

 



Arab Today, arab today

Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

Arab Today, arab today officials head to egypt to discuss gaza fuel crisis Arab Today, arab today officials head to egypt to discuss gaza fuel crisis

 



Arab Today, arab today France defies terrorism through tourism

GMT 15:18 2017 Saturday ,20 May

France defies terrorism through tourism
Arab Today, arab today Zainab Fadel Oglu designs “Shakerin” mosque

GMT 12:13 2017 Thursday ,11 May

Zainab Fadel Oglu designs “Shakerin” mosque
View News in Arabic - Business: قضايا ساخنة
Arab Today, arab today
Arab Today, arab today
Arab Today, arab today
Arab Today, arab today
 
 Arab Today Facebook,arab today facebook  Arab Today Twitter,arab today twitter Arab Today Rss,arab today rss  Arab Today Youtube,arab today youtube  Arab Today Youtube,arab today youtube
arabstoday arabstoday arabstoday arabstoday
arabstoday arabstoday arabstoday
arabstoday
بناية النخيل - رأس النبع _ خلف السفارة الفرنسية _بيروت - لبنان
arabstoday, Arabstoday, Arabstoday