Arab Today, arab today venezuela announces changes to foreign currency system
Last Updated : GMT 23:12:04
Arab Today, arab today
Arab Today, arab today

Venezuela announces changes to foreign currency system

Arab Today, arab today

Arab Today, arab today Venezuela announces changes to foreign currency system

Caracas - XINHUA

The Venezuelan government is to adopt new measures to better regulate the country's foreign currency in a bid to restore the balance of Venezuela's economy. Speaking during an interview aired on local private television network Venevision on Sunday, Venezuela's vice president for economic affairs Rafael Ramirez confirmed that 82 percent of the country's foreign currency will be sold at a subsidized official rate of 6.3 Venezuelan bolivars per U.S. dollar, with the remaining 18 percent sold at a double rate. Ramirez, also Minister of Petroleum and Mining, said the government will allocate 42.96 billion dollars of the currency to prioritized sectors including health, education and feeding. Eight-two percent is the necessary amount for the effective functioning of the country's economy, he said. The government will address about 11.8 billion dollars to be purchased in the weekly auction held by the Complementary Currency Management System(Sicad). "We are not going to deviate from our political plan," said Ramirez. "The currencies from oil revenues, some 96 percent of the total, belong to the people and will have a preferential rate of 6.3 bolivars." "Despite this, we have also considered the non-essential things and we will also address currencies to that but with another rate, the one from the Sicad auctions." Ramirez said these measures will help restore full supply of food in Venezuela and help boost national production, adding: "We have spent millions of dollars in bringing food to Venezuela, and if we had not established distribution systems, we could not have attended the people's needs." Ramirez also claimed that the right-wing opposition is affecting the food supply through speculation, smuggling and hoarding. Venezuela introduced foreign currency controls in 2003 to prevent massive capital outflows and to redirect the country's oil revenues to social and economic programs.

arabstoday
arabstoday

Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

Arab Today, arab today venezuela announces changes to foreign currency system Arab Today, arab today venezuela announces changes to foreign currency system

 



Arab Today, arab today

Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

Arab Today, arab today venezuela announces changes to foreign currency system Arab Today, arab today venezuela announces changes to foreign currency system

 



Arab Today, arab today France defies terrorism through tourism

GMT 15:18 2017 Saturday ,20 May

France defies terrorism through tourism
Arab Today, arab today Mai Al-Jeddawi presents décor ideas for Ramadan
View News in Arabic - Business: نفط وبتروكيماويات
Arab Today, arab today
Arab Today, arab today

GMT 09:49 2017 Tuesday ,02 May

Girl barred from Malaysia chess competition

GMT 17:59 2017 Monday ,12 June

Designer Rania Adel reveals her new collection

GMT 08:48 2017 Saturday ,06 May

Climate science: Bad news gets worse

GMT 16:25 2017 Sunday ,04 June

“Suhoor” is basic meal for fasting

GMT 06:31 2015 Thursday ,04 June

Pluto's unruly moons

GMT 11:09 2017 Sunday ,25 June

HUAWEI P10 the ‘guru’ of portrait shots
Arab Today, arab today
Arab Today, arab today
 
 Arab Today Facebook,arab today facebook  Arab Today Twitter,arab today twitter Arab Today Rss,arab today rss  Arab Today Youtube,arab today youtube  Arab Today Youtube,arab today youtube
arabstoday arabstoday arabstoday arabstoday
arabstoday arabstoday arabstoday
arabstoday
بناية النخيل - رأس النبع _ خلف السفارة الفرنسية _بيروت - لبنان
arabstoday, Arabstoday, Arabstoday