Arab Today, arab today chinese indians drive demand for gold
Last Updated : GMT 17:52:32
Arab Today, arab today
Arab Today, arab today

Chinese, Indians drive demand for gold

Arab Today, arab today

Arab Today, arab today Chinese, Indians drive demand for gold

Dubai - Arabstoday

Consumers in India and China remain the biggest fans of the yellow metal, spending $46 billion (Dh168.96 billion) and $38 billion respectively on gold jewellery, bars and coins last year.Dubai Consumers in India and China remain the biggest fans of the yellow metal, spending $46 billion (Dh168.96 billion) and $38 billion respectively on gold jewellery, bars and coins last year. China and India also generated 55 per cent of global jewellery demand and 49 per cent of global gold demand. According to the World Gold Council, India\'s consumers acquired 933.4 tonnes of gold in 2011 while the Chinese amassed a total of 769.8 tonnes. The volume of gold purchased in China was up 20 per cent year-on-year, as a result of increases in both jewellery and investment spend. The largest rise was in investment, showing a 69 per cent increase. Overall, global demand for gold last year rose to 4,067 tonnes, the highest since 1997, generating an estimated $205.5 billion in sales. It\'s the first time that global sales have exceeded $200 billion. The main driver for the increase was the investment sector, where annual demand was 1,640.7 tonnes, up five per cent on the previous record set in 2010 and with a value of $82.9 billion. Another pre-eminent market for investment demand is Europe. The region posted its seventh consecutive annual gain to 374.8 tonnes. Germany and Switzerland were identified as the main drivers of growth in the region, as the Eurozone remains in turmoil and the need for asset protection continues to be a priority.

arabstoday
arabstoday

Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

Arab Today, arab today chinese indians drive demand for gold Arab Today, arab today chinese indians drive demand for gold

 



Arab Today, arab today

Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

Arab Today, arab today chinese indians drive demand for gold Arab Today, arab today chinese indians drive demand for gold

 



Arab Today, arab today France defies terrorism through tourism

GMT 15:18 2017 Saturday ,20 May

France defies terrorism through tourism
Arab Today, arab today Zainab Fadel Oglu designs “Shakerin” mosque

GMT 12:13 2017 Thursday ,11 May

Zainab Fadel Oglu designs “Shakerin” mosque
Arab Today, arab today Seeks to move past rift with Israel

GMT 08:00 2017 Monday ,08 May

Seeks to move past rift with Israel
View News in Arabic - Business: نفط وبتروكيماويات
Arab Today, arab today
Arab Today, arab today
Arab Today, arab today Girl barred from Malaysia chess competition

GMT 09:49 2017 Tuesday ,02 May

Girl barred from Malaysia chess competition
Arab Today, arab today Mozambique's gas boom dream under threat

GMT 16:29 2017 Monday ,08 May

Mozambique's gas boom dream under threat
Arab Today, arab today Prepares to give stargazers an eyeful

GMT 13:38 2017 Monday ,06 March

Prepares to give stargazers an eyeful
Arab Today, arab today Jaguar displays XF Sportbrake line

GMT 14:36 2017 Monday ,08 May

Jaguar displays XF Sportbrake line
Arab Today, arab today BMW sees forecasts in reach

GMT 09:04 2017 Thursday ,04 May

BMW sees forecasts in reach
Arab Today, arab today Climate science: Bad news gets worse

GMT 08:48 2017 Saturday ,06 May

Climate science: Bad news gets worse
Arab Today, arab today
Arab Today, arab today
 
 Arab Today Facebook,arab today facebook  Arab Today Twitter,arab today twitter Arab Today Rss,arab today rss  Arab Today Youtube,arab today youtube  Arab Today Youtube,arab today youtube
arabstoday arabstoday arabstoday arabstoday
arabstoday arabstoday arabstoday
arabstoday
بناية النخيل - رأس النبع _ خلف السفارة الفرنسية _بيروت - لبنان
arabstoday, Arabstoday, Arabstoday