Brazil has outlined plans to spend 1.9 billion reais (790 million US dollars) to guarantee fans' safety during this year's World Cup. The outlay includes security plans involving military, civil and federal police, the army, the national security force, federal highway police and selected government departments. "Brazil is ready to guarantee the safety of its citizens and visitors," Rousseff said during a press conference on Tuesday. "Actions involve the installation of integrated command and control centers in all host cities, strengthening the infrastructure of the entry points in the country, the development of systems and equipment to enhance road safety, systems to centralize security operations and solutions to integrate radio communication between state and municipal institutions and federal agencies." The pledge comes as often-violent anti-government protests that began during last June's Confederations Cup continue in several Brazilian cities. Earlier this month television cameraman Caio Silva de Souza died after being struck by a flare thrown by a protester. A December riot involving fans at a Brazilian league match and reports of shootings outside Natal's Arena das Dunas World Cup stadium have escalated fears about fan safety. "To guarantee the success of the World Cup on and off the pitch the federal government is coordinating efforts, in partnership with the local and state governments, to integrate operational plans in each host city, ensuring that every detail is addressed," Rousseff said. "Armed forces are already training for the event in association with police and other enforcement authorities at local, state and federal level." The World Cup will be staged in 12 Brazilian cities from June 12 to July 13.