The Greek stock exchange closed up 7.98 percent on Tuesday as hope grew among investors of a possible compromise between Athens and its creditors over the country's bailout obligations.
The benchmark index had soared in afternoon trading as details emerged of a draft plan by the government to be presented to eurozone finance ministers at an extraordinary meeting in Brussels on Wednesday.
Banks led the rise, with Attica Bank closing up 13.33 percent and Alpha Bank up 9.68 percent.
According to a finance ministry source, the government is ready to play ball on 70 percent of its bailout obligations but wants to overhaul the remaining 30 percent -- which it would replace with a 10-step plan.
It will offer a series of measures including lower primary surplus targets and cutting debt through a swap plan to replace its current EU-IMF bailout deal obligations.