Arab Today, arab today egypt stocks perk up on talk of \reconciliation\
Last Updated : GMT 08:53:10
Arab Today, arab today
Arab Today, arab today

Egypt stocks perk up on talk of \'reconciliation\'

Arab Today, arab today

Arab Today, arab today Egypt stocks perk up on talk of \'reconciliation\'

Cairo - Arabstoday

EGX30 rises 0.6 pct on Monday despite fears on part of local investors of renewed political turbulence on occasion of revolution\'s upcoming second anniversary Egypt stocks rebounded slightly in Monday trading with foreign investors going on a limited spending spree on news of possible \"reconciliation\" between the country\'s post-revolution government and members of the former regime indicted for financial misdealing. On Sunday, Egypt\'s Public Funds Prosecution told Ahram Online that it was \"ready\" to settle outstanding cases concerning the alleged pilfering of public funds by a number of Mubarak-era officials. These officials include former finance minister Youssef Boutros-Ghali and former trade minister Rashid Mohamed Rashid. The main EGX30 index rose by 0.6 per cent for the day to reach 5,739 points. The market was helped upwards by two prominent blue chips, Commercial International Bank and Orascom Construction Industries, which rose by 0.5 and 1.8 per cent respectively. Foreign investors ended the day as net buyers, making some LE17 million in purchases. Egyptian investors, meanwhile, were net sellers to the tune of LE24.4 million. State-run daily Al-Ahram has reported that local investors fear renewed demonstrations and political turbulence on the occasion of the Tahrir Square uprising\'s second anniversary on 25 January. The broader EGX70 index, meanwhile, closed up by 0.2 per cent in Monday\'s session, which saw a total daily turnover of LE365 million. Most other high-profile shares registered slight losses for the day, led by Orascom Telecom (down 0.4 per cent), Talaat Mostafa Group (down 0.6 per cent) and Ezz Steel (down 0.3 per cent). Shares in high-end property developer SODIC bucked the trend, however, climbing by 0.6 per cent. From Ahramonline

arabstoday
arabstoday

Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

Arab Today, arab today egypt stocks perk up on talk of \reconciliation\ Arab Today, arab today egypt stocks perk up on talk of \reconciliation\

 



Arab Today, arab today

Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

Arab Today, arab today egypt stocks perk up on talk of \reconciliation\ Arab Today, arab today egypt stocks perk up on talk of \reconciliation\

 



Arab Today, arab today France defies terrorism through tourism

GMT 15:18 2017 Saturday ,20 May

France defies terrorism through tourism
Arab Today, arab today Zainab Fadel Oglu designs “Shakerin” mosque

GMT 12:13 2017 Thursday ,11 May

Zainab Fadel Oglu designs “Shakerin” mosque

GMT 17:28 2017 Thursday ,18 May

Saudi stocks rise in heavy trading

GMT 21:37 2017 Wednesday ,17 May

US Stocks Close Mixed

GMT 04:58 2017 Wednesday ,17 May

Tadawul index gains 0.7%

GMT 06:20 2017 Tuesday ,16 May

Tadawul index climbs 0.6%

GMT 13:43 2017 Monday ,15 May

Oman share index declines marginally
View News in Arabic - Business: أسواق مالية
Arab Today, arab today
Arab Today, arab today
Arab Today, arab today Mozambique's gas boom dream under threat

GMT 16:29 2017 Monday ,08 May

Mozambique's gas boom dream under threat
Arab Today, arab today Prepares to give stargazers an eyeful

GMT 13:38 2017 Monday ,06 March

Prepares to give stargazers an eyeful
Arab Today, arab today Jaguar displays XF Sportbrake line

GMT 14:36 2017 Monday ,08 May

Jaguar displays XF Sportbrake line
Arab Today, arab today BMW sees forecasts in reach

GMT 09:04 2017 Thursday ,04 May

BMW sees forecasts in reach
Arab Today, arab today Climate science: Bad news gets worse

GMT 08:48 2017 Saturday ,06 May

Climate science: Bad news gets worse
Arab Today, arab today
Arab Today, arab today
 
 Arab Today Facebook,arab today facebook  Arab Today Twitter,arab today twitter Arab Today Rss,arab today rss  Arab Today Youtube,arab today youtube  Arab Today Youtube,arab today youtube
arabstoday arabstoday arabstoday arabstoday
arabstoday arabstoday arabstoday
arabstoday
بناية النخيل - رأس النبع _ خلف السفارة الفرنسية _بيروت - لبنان
arabstoday, Arabstoday, Arabstoday