Arab Today, arab today post holdings to buy michael foods for 245bn
Last Updated : GMT 19:40:07
Arab Today, arab today
Arab Today, arab today

Post Holdings to buy Michael Foods for $2.45bn

Arab Today, arab today

Arab Today, arab today Post Holdings to buy Michael Foods for $2.45bn

New York - AFP

US breakfast cereals giant Post Holdings will buy Michael Foods, which specializes in egg and dairy products, for $2.45 billion, the companies said Thursday. Post Holdings, which has been on a buying spree to diversify its food products portfolio, said the Michael Foods deal was its biggest acquisition to date. The St. Louis, Missouri-based Post Holdings said Michael Foods will continue to be managed by its existing executive team led by chief executive Jim Dwyer. "This acquisition is exactly what we look for in an investment. We are extremely impressed with the job Jim and his team have done and we look forward to continuing to build this substantial business with them," said Bill Stiritz, Post's chairman and CEO. The transaction is expected to be completed by end-June. A manufacturer of iconic cereal brands such as Grape-Nuts and Honeycomb, Post has diversified its product offerings to include protein bars, pasta and other foods and beverages. Michael Foods, based in Minnetonka, Minnesota, is known for specialty egg products, potato products and cheese and other dairy products. Michael Foods reported 2013 earnings of $50.4 million on revenues of $1.95 million, an increase of 67 percent and 50 percent, respectively from 2012. The company is owned 80 percent by GS Capital Partners, a private equity unit of Goldman Sachs, which paid $1.7 billion for the stake in 2010. The remaining 20 percent stake is held by Thomas H. Lee Partners, another private equity firm. Post traces its roots back to 1897, when C.W. Post introduced the ready-to-eat cereal Grape-Nuts. The brand and other brands were brought into one company, General Foods Corporation, which was acquired by Philip Morris in 1985 and through a series of deals was spun off from Ralcorp in 2012. For its 2013 fiscal year that ended September 30, Post reported net earnings of $15.2 million, down 70 percent from the prior year. Net sales rose 7.8 percent to $1.03 billion, with acquisitions accounting for about two thirds of the overall growth. In February, Post finalized acquisitions of Golden Boy Foods, a maker of peanut butter and other nut butters, and Dymatize Enterprises, which makes protein powders and nutritional supplements. Post shares dropped 2.0 percent to $53.67 in midday trade on the New York Stock Exchange. The shares gained 5.6 percent on Wednesday after the first media reports of the deal surfaced. Post was in competition with Tyson Foods to buy Michael Foods, a source close to the situation told AFP on Wednesday.

arabstoday
arabstoday

Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

Arab Today, arab today post holdings to buy michael foods for 245bn Arab Today, arab today post holdings to buy michael foods for 245bn

 



Arab Today, arab today

Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

Arab Today, arab today post holdings to buy michael foods for 245bn Arab Today, arab today post holdings to buy michael foods for 245bn

 



Arab Today, arab today France defies terrorism through tourism

GMT 15:18 2017 Saturday ,20 May

France defies terrorism through tourism
Arab Today, arab today Mai Al-Jeddawi presents décor ideas for Ramadan
View News in Arabic - Business: أخبار الشركات
Arab Today, arab today
Arab Today, arab today

GMT 09:49 2017 Tuesday ,02 May

Girl barred from Malaysia chess competition

GMT 17:59 2017 Monday ,12 June

Designer Rania Adel reveals her new collection

GMT 08:48 2017 Saturday ,06 May

Climate science: Bad news gets worse

GMT 16:25 2017 Sunday ,04 June

“Suhoor” is basic meal for fasting

GMT 06:31 2015 Thursday ,04 June

Pluto's unruly moons

GMT 11:09 2017 Sunday ,25 June

HUAWEI P10 the ‘guru’ of portrait shots
Arab Today, arab today
Arab Today, arab today
 
 Arab Today Facebook,arab today facebook  Arab Today Twitter,arab today twitter Arab Today Rss,arab today rss  Arab Today Youtube,arab today youtube  Arab Today Youtube,arab today youtube
arabstoday arabstoday arabstoday arabstoday
arabstoday arabstoday arabstoday
arabstoday
بناية النخيل - رأس النبع _ خلف السفارة الفرنسية _بيروت - لبنان
arabstoday, Arabstoday, Arabstoday