Arab Today, arab today etisalat buys 53 of maroc for 546bn
Last Updated : GMT 05:49:56
Arab Today, arab today
Arab Today, arab today

Etisalat buys 53% of Maroc for $5.46bn

Arab Today, arab today

Arab Today, arab today Etisalat buys 53% of Maroc for $5.46bn

Dubai - Arab Today

Vivendi, a leading French company in content and media, announced on Wednesday that it sold its 53 per cent stake in the Moroccan telecom operator Maroc Telecom to Etisalat. The final sale price, in accordance with November 2013 agreements, amounted to 4.138 billion euros (US$5.46 billion) after price adjustments, said Vivendi in a statement published in Rabat. The Maroc Telecom sale is part of the Vivendi group's strategy to refocus and develop its media and content businesses. Closing the deal also enables Vivendi to reduce its debt, the statement added. "Vivendi has been particularly pleased and proud to support Maroc Telecom in its national and sub-Saharan Africa development. A new chapter is being written today by Vivendi as we aim to grow in media and content,” said Chairman of Vivendi's Supervisory Board Jean-Rene Fourtou. The chairman added that the recent agreement will allow Maroc Telecom to be active in nine African countries. "With Etisalat, its new shareholder, Maroc Telecom will be fully equipped to also take new steps toward growth,” Fourtou said. Etisalat is the 12th biggest telecom firm in the world and operates in 15 countries in the Middle East, Africa and Asia. The UAE government holds a 60 percent stake in Etisalat, while the remaining 40 per cent is listed to the public. Etisalat, the most valuable company in the UAE, started to bid for Vivendi's 53 per cent stake in Maroc Telecom in January 2013. By July 2013, Vivendi confirmed it would sell its stake in the North African telecom operator. On May 5, Maroc Telecom announced it had reached an agreement with Etisalat to buy its units in Africa for US$650 million. Maroc Telecom will buy the Atlantique Telecom, Etisalat's West African subsidiary, which has mobile operations in Benin, the Central African Republic, Gabon, Cote d'Ivoire, Niger and Togo, as well as Prestige Telecom in Cote d'Ivoire, said the company in a statement. Maroc Telecom also has operations in Burkina Faso, Gabon, Mali and Mauritania, which complement Etisalat's existing presence in sub-Saharan Africa countries, the statement said. Source: The Gulf Today    

arabstoday
arabstoday

Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

Arab Today, arab today etisalat buys 53 of maroc for 546bn Arab Today, arab today etisalat buys 53 of maroc for 546bn

 



Arab Today, arab today

Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

Arab Today, arab today etisalat buys 53 of maroc for 546bn Arab Today, arab today etisalat buys 53 of maroc for 546bn

 



Arab Today, arab today France defies terrorism through tourism

GMT 15:18 2017 Saturday ,20 May

France defies terrorism through tourism
Arab Today, arab today Zainab Fadel Oglu designs “Shakerin” mosque

GMT 12:13 2017 Thursday ,11 May

Zainab Fadel Oglu designs “Shakerin” mosque
Arab Today, arab today Seeks to move past rift with Israel

GMT 08:00 2017 Monday ,08 May

Seeks to move past rift with Israel
View News in Arabic - Business: أخبار الشركات
Arab Today, arab today
Arab Today, arab today
Arab Today, arab today Mozambique's gas boom dream under threat

GMT 16:29 2017 Monday ,08 May

Mozambique's gas boom dream under threat
Arab Today, arab today Prepares to give stargazers an eyeful

GMT 13:38 2017 Monday ,06 March

Prepares to give stargazers an eyeful
Arab Today, arab today Jaguar displays XF Sportbrake line

GMT 14:36 2017 Monday ,08 May

Jaguar displays XF Sportbrake line
Arab Today, arab today BMW sees forecasts in reach

GMT 09:04 2017 Thursday ,04 May

BMW sees forecasts in reach
Arab Today, arab today Climate science: Bad news gets worse

GMT 08:48 2017 Saturday ,06 May

Climate science: Bad news gets worse
Arab Today, arab today
Arab Today, arab today
 
 Arab Today Facebook,arab today facebook  Arab Today Twitter,arab today twitter Arab Today Rss,arab today rss  Arab Today Youtube,arab today youtube  Arab Today Youtube,arab today youtube
arabstoday arabstoday arabstoday arabstoday
arabstoday arabstoday arabstoday
arabstoday
بناية النخيل - رأس النبع _ خلف السفارة الفرنسية _بيروت - لبنان
arabstoday, Arabstoday, Arabstoday