Six people of a family were killed and wounded in a roadside bombing in the Charchino district of central Uruzgan province, an official said on Wednesday. A man and two of his children were killed and three women injured when the vehicle they were travelling in struck a roadside bomb in Sakhir area late Tuesday evening. Police spokesman Farid Ayel told (Pajhwok) Afghan News that the injured had been evacuated to a local hospital. However, he would not comment on their condition. Civilian casualties have sharply spiked in recent months, with the UN noting a 30 percent increase in deaths and injuries caused by explosions and foreign troop operations during the first quarter of the year.