Beautiful Christmas Decor
Though Christmas decorating is often whimsical and temporary, it\'s a good idea to follow many of the same decorating principles that you\'d use when decorating your home for the long run. Here are some
tips that will help you decorate your home for the holidays.
- Put a wreath or swag on every door you have. Start with the front door to welcome guests.
- Go on to the back door, inside and out. Remember over the mantle, and in all your front windows. Don\'t forget bedroom doors, inside and out.
- Use real pine, holly, or grapevine, decorated with bows, berries, fruit, pinecones, raffia, ornaments, birds, photos, or candy.
- Glue leftover cards or those from previous years on matboard using Spray Mount, double sided tape or rubber cement and hang as holiday artwork.
- Decorate a stairway with plants, garlands, and clusters of decorations.
- You don\'t have to stick with red and green. Choose plaids or florals that tie in. If you can\'t find anything that looks quite right, then choose metallic silver, gold, green, or red.
- Take your throw pillows and tie them with holiday colored ribbons either once around the middle or like a Christmas gift. Add a rhinestone pin for an extra kick!
- Fill large tubular vases with red cranberries to add a beautiful splash of Christmas red to any room.
- Take some hanging picture frames and simply frame some pretty holiday paper as artwork.