Ideas for perfect home decoration
Not all home decorating ideas require a heavy investment of time and money. If you're looking for a few affordable home interior decorating ideas to freshen up a room over a weekend, Make your home
distinct with these little accents:
- Rearrange the furniture: Pull your furniture away from the walls. Try positioning it at intriguing angles. Arranging the sofa diagonally across the narrow living room will make the room look wider and provide a warm, inviting layout.
- Paint, paint, and clean: You will be surprised by what a coat of new paint or cleaning your existing mouldings and doors will do to any room, or to your entire house. Don't forget baseboards, mouldings and doors. Find new colours and useful utensils at your local home improvement store.
-Paint a wall: Paint one wall with your favourite colour and make it the focal point. Hang interesting art on that wall and move a nice piece of furniture there.
- Bring in plants : Greenery always adds a breath of fresh air to a room. If you don't have a green thumb, try silk plants and trees. The quality is so good that it's hard to distinguish them from the real thing.
- Toss in colour : Bright colours and good lighting work together produces instant cheerfulness.
- Ladle on the light : One of the most important things is to have all the natural light you possibly can. People respond very well to light.
- Dress up : Creative use of mouldings, fabrics, even paint will do magic around your doors and windows. You will find them in wood or synthetic at your home improvement store.
- Hang pictures or a mirror : Hang pictures that reflect your personality. Try frames that are more ornate. When hanging a mirror, try and position it so that it reflects and nice view or an interesting architectural element.
- Do not clutter : Clutter always works against you. Keep it simple. Add vertical space with shelves or bookcases in closets or other areas to minimise cluttering as much as possible.
- Lay an area rug : An area rug is a wonderful way of defining a conversation area. Try one that complements the room. Lay it at an angle beneath your coffee table.
- Group figurines : Pull out your favourite collectibles. Show off your personality. Find a display area and group related objects together, in sets of three or five. Try and vary the shapes.
- Add a throw or Afghan : Similar to decorative pillows, throws and Afghans add texture to your furniture. They come in all kinds of natural and man made fabrics. Find a pattern and style that you like.
- Replace lamps : Lamps are probably the one thing in your home that will give others a clue that your room is outdated. Seek out new and fresh lamps that make a statement.
- Add decorative pillows : The good news about decorative pillows is that they are an easy way to add textures and patterns to a room. Still better, they can be changed to jazz up a sofa or chair before your room is ready for a major makeover.
- Add candles/candle holders : This is always a winner. If you have some intriguing candle holders, try those. Use at least two candle holders for balance.
- Display a figurine or sculpture : Any eye-catching sculpture or figurine will make a wonderful statement as well as a conversation piece.
- Display books : Display a few hardcover books that are interesting and have covers which tie into your decor colour scheme. Preferably, the books should be the larger versions, but should not be too thick.
- Display pottery : Earthy and warm, pottery makes a great addition to your interior decor.
- Display straw baskets : Similar to pottery, straw baskets add charm and warmth to your home.
- Use a decorative screen : A decorative screen makes an excellent backdrop in any room. It adds dimension and texture.
If your room is decoratively challenged, try some of these ideas to add life to your interiors.