Arab Today, arab today exxon to sell hong kong power company stake
Last Updated : GMT 15:56:25
Arab Today, arab today
Arab Today, arab today

Exxon to sell Hong Kong power company stake

Arab Today, arab today

Arab Today, arab today Exxon to sell Hong Kong power company stake

Washington - AFP

US oil giant ExxonMobil said Tuesday it had agreed to sell its stake in a Hong Kong power-generation firm, in a deal worth more than $3 billion. The largest US oil company reported an 18 percent decline in third quarter profits last month due to weaker refining earnings. "ExxonMobil Energy Limited has reached an agreement to divest its 60 percent shareholding in Castle Peak Power Company Limited (CAPCO) to CLP Power and China Southern Power Grid (CSG)," a spokeswoman told AFP. Over the last year, ExxonMobil shares have underperformed the broader market amid criticism that it is spending too much on costly projects while production has sagged. "Our company routinely assesses our global portfolio and then looks for opportunity for growth, restructuring or divestment so as to meet our global strategic objective," the ExxonMobil spokeswoman said. Hong Kong's CLP Holdings and China's state-run CSG confirmed they had acquired the 60 percent stake on Tuesday. A statement from CLP said the two firms would "each acquire half of the 60 percent interest" in the company, which has three power stations in Hong Kong. CLP said it would pay HK$12 billion ($1.55 billion) for its share of the stake while CSG did not disclose its figures. The acquisition will raise CLP's stake in the company to 70 percent, while the remaining 30 percent will be held by CSG. CLP also announced that it had agreed to buy ExxonMobil's 51 percent stake in Hong Kong Pumped Storage Development Company for a total of HK$2 billion.

arabstoday
arabstoday

Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

Arab Today, arab today exxon to sell hong kong power company stake Arab Today, arab today exxon to sell hong kong power company stake

 



Arab Today, arab today

Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

Arab Today, arab today exxon to sell hong kong power company stake Arab Today, arab today exxon to sell hong kong power company stake

 



Arab Today, arab today Etiquette expert calls for short visits

GMT 16:21 2017 Monday ,26 June

Etiquette expert calls for short visits
Arab Today, arab today France defies terrorism through tourism

GMT 15:18 2017 Saturday ,20 May

France defies terrorism through tourism
Arab Today, arab today Mai Al-Jeddawi presents décor ideas for Ramadan

GMT 04:23 2017 Tuesday ,20 June

Oil prices flat after weeks of steep declines

GMT 06:08 2017 Sunday ,18 June

Lower oil prices set to test US shale driller

GMT 05:10 2017 Wednesday ,14 June

Oil prices edge down

GMT 05:22 2017 Tuesday ,13 June

Oil rises as investors buy into US crude

GMT 15:11 2017 Saturday ,10 June

Oil prices steady despite supply glut
Arab Today, arab today
Arab Today, arab today
Arab Today, arab today
Arab Today, arab today
 
 Arab Today Facebook,arab today facebook  Arab Today Twitter,arab today twitter Arab Today Rss,arab today rss  Arab Today Youtube,arab today youtube  Arab Today Youtube,arab today youtube
arabstoday arabstoday arabstoday arabstoday
arabstoday arabstoday arabstoday
arabstoday
بناية النخيل - رأس النبع _ خلف السفارة الفرنسية _بيروت - لبنان
arabstoday, Arabstoday, Arabstoday