Arab Today, arab today emirates nbd and bnp paribas sign agreement
Last Updated : GMT 07:53:53
Arab Today, arab today
Arab Today, arab today

Emirates NBD and BNP Paribas sign agreement

Arab Today, arab today

Arab Today, arab today Emirates NBD and BNP Paribas sign agreement

Dubai - WAM

Emirates NBD PJSC (Emirates NBD) and BNP Paribas S.A. (BNP Paribas) announced the signing of a definitive agreement whereby latter will sell its entire 95.2% stake in BNP Paribas Egypt S.A.E. (BNP Paribas Egypt) to Emirates NBD, subject to Central Bank of Egypt approval and other regulatory approvals in Egypt and the United Arab Emirates. Emirates NBD will simultaneously offer to acquire the remaining 4.8% of BNP Paribas Egypt from its minority shareholders at the same price. The total consideration to be offered by Emirates NBD for 100% of BNP Paribas Egypt under the transaction is USD 500 million. This represents a multiple of 1.6 times the book value as of September 2012. The transaction is expected to close by the end of the first quarter of 2013. H.H. Sheikh Ahmed Bin Saeed Al Maktoum, Chairman of Emirates NBD, said: \"This deal represents an excellent opportunity for Emirates NBD to enter the promising Egyptian market and achieve our strategic aspiration of expanding regionally. It represents an important milestone in our regional growth and we are confident that it will bring successful results to all our stakeholders\". Jean-Laurent Bonnafe, Chief Executive Officer of BNP Paribas declared: \"Emirates NBD will be a strong partner for our Egyptian subsidiary and its staff, as well as for BNP Paribas\' clients wishing to access strong on-shore banking capabilities in Egypt\". Rick Pudner, Group CEO of Emirates NBD, said: \"This transaction confirms Emirates NBD\'s stated strategy and aspiration to be the leading bank in the MENA region. Egypt is a key market in our region with strong growth prospects. BNP Paribas Egypt provides the Bank with an ideal entry opportunity to this important market and we are committed to further build and invest in the franchise supported by their local management team and staff\".

arabstoday
arabstoday

Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

Arab Today, arab today emirates nbd and bnp paribas sign agreement Arab Today, arab today emirates nbd and bnp paribas sign agreement

 



Arab Today, arab today

Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

Arab Today, arab today emirates nbd and bnp paribas sign agreement Arab Today, arab today emirates nbd and bnp paribas sign agreement

 



Arab Today, arab today Etiquette expert calls for short visits

GMT 16:21 2017 Monday ,26 June

Etiquette expert calls for short visits
Arab Today, arab today France defies terrorism through tourism

GMT 15:18 2017 Saturday ,20 May

France defies terrorism through tourism
Arab Today, arab today Mai Al-Jeddawi presents décor ideas for Ramadan
Arab Today, arab today
Arab Today, arab today

GMT 09:49 2017 Tuesday ,02 May

Girl barred from Malaysia chess competition

GMT 08:48 2017 Saturday ,06 May

Climate science: Bad news gets worse

GMT 16:25 2017 Sunday ,04 June

“Suhoor” is basic meal for fasting

GMT 06:31 2015 Thursday ,04 June

Pluto's unruly moons

GMT 11:09 2017 Sunday ,25 June

HUAWEI P10 the ‘guru’ of portrait shots
Arab Today, arab today
Arab Today, arab today
 
 Arab Today Facebook,arab today facebook  Arab Today Twitter,arab today twitter Arab Today Rss,arab today rss  Arab Today Youtube,arab today youtube  Arab Today Youtube,arab today youtube
arabstoday arabstoday arabstoday arabstoday
arabstoday arabstoday arabstoday
arabstoday
بناية النخيل - رأس النبع _ خلف السفارة الفرنسية _بيروت - لبنان
arabstoday, Arabstoday, Arabstoday