At least 50 school children fell ill over suspected food poisoning Saturday after having their mid- day meal at a government school in the eastern Indian state of Bihar, said officials.
The incident took place at Sitamarhi district of the state, where the children were admitted to a government-run primary health center and are said to be out of danger.
A dead lizard was found in the meal served to children, said officials.
The children complained of uneasiness after the meal at the Belahi-Neelkanth middle school.
A few days ago, a lizard was found in the mid-day meal served in a school. Six children had fallen ill after eating the meal.
In the past, lizards, rats, frogs and insects have been found in meals served to students in the state.
In July last year, 23 students died after eating a poisonous meal at a primary school at Dharmasati Gandaman village in Saran district of Bihar.