Arab Today, arab today slim takes control of latam’s biggest mso
Last Updated : GMT 12:34:44
Arab Today, arab today
Arab Today, arab today

Slim takes control of LatAm’s biggest MSO

Arab Today, arab today

Arab Today, arab today Slim takes control of LatAm’s biggest MSO

Brasília - Arabstoday

Net Serviços, Brazil's and Latin America's largest cable operator, has formally become a company majority-owned by Embratel, a Brazilian telco controlled by Mexican billionaire Carlos Slim's América Móvil. While Embratel was already seen as the de facto owner of Net, formally it wasn't. Due to a legal restriction that prevented foreign telephony companies from owning a controlling stake in Brazilian pay-TV companies, Embratel only had a 49% interest in Net's stocks. The remaining 51% was held by the powerful Globo group, which had informally agreed it would transfer part or all of that stock to Embratel as soon as regulatory restrictions were lifted. Such restrictions were indeed lifted last September, when president Dilma Rousseff signed into Law the so-called PLC-116 Bill that the Senate had passed the previous month. The last remaining hurdle standing in the path of Embratel seizing control of the MSO was a final say on the matter by Anatel, the country's communications watchdog. Late last week, Anatel finally authorised Embratel to make a move for Net, América Móvil confirmed in a statement. According to The Wall Street Journal, Embratel didn't take long to increase its stake in the cableco, boosting its ownership of shares in GB Empreendimentos (Net's holding company) from 49% to 54%. The move has provisionally left Globo as the minority owner of the MSO, with the remaining 46% of shares.  

arabstoday
arabstoday

Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

Arab Today, arab today slim takes control of latam’s biggest mso Arab Today, arab today slim takes control of latam’s biggest mso

 



Arab Today, arab today

Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

Arab Today, arab today slim takes control of latam’s biggest mso Arab Today, arab today slim takes control of latam’s biggest mso

 



Arab Today, arab today France defies terrorism through tourism

GMT 15:18 2017 Saturday ,20 May

France defies terrorism through tourism
Arab Today, arab today Mai Al-Jeddawi presents décor ideas for Ramadan
Arab Today, arab today Sally Shaheen considers hosting a political show
View News in Arabic - Media: آخر الأخبار
Arab Today, arab today
Arab Today, arab today
Arab Today, arab today
Arab Today, arab today
 
 Arab Today Facebook,arab today facebook  Arab Today Twitter,arab today twitter Arab Today Rss,arab today rss  Arab Today Youtube,arab today youtube  Arab Today Youtube,arab today youtube
arabstoday arabstoday arabstoday arabstoday
arabstoday arabstoday arabstoday
arabstoday
بناية النخيل - رأس النبع _ خلف السفارة الفرنسية _بيروت - لبنان
arabstoday, Arabstoday, Arabstoday