Arab Today, arab today qatar boosts stake in french media giant vivendi
Last Updated : GMT 06:51:55
Arab Today, arab today
Arab Today, arab today

Qatar boosts stake in French media giant Vivendi

Arab Today, arab today

Arab Today, arab today Qatar boosts stake in French media giant Vivendi

Doha - Arabstoday

Qatar Holding has increased its stake in Vivendi, owner of the world’s largest music and video-game makers, as the Gulf state ramps up its investments in France. The investment arm of the Qatari sovereign wealth fund purchased 5.6m shares in the Paris-based media conglomerate to increase its shareholding from 1.55 percent at the end of 2011 to two percent. The value of the stake has been estimated at around €354m (US$468.81m). Founded in 1853, Vivendi’s main assets including French film and television company Canal Plus Group, Universal Music Publishing Group and US video games giant Activision Blizzard. Vivendi is the latest French company the gas-rich Gulf state has increased its investment in, following its injection of cash this week into radio and book publisher Lagardere. Qatar Holding said in a regulatory filing it could raise the stake further after increasing it to 12.8 percent and may seek representation on the group\'s supervisory board. Qatar Holding now owns 16.82m of the shares, giving it just over 10 percent of voting rights in the group and making it the largest shareholder in the firm. Earlier this month, Qatari investors also bought the remaining 30 percent stake in French football club Paris St Germain from US investment fund Colony Capital. Qatar Sports Investment bought the stake roughly eight months after Colony had sold the other 70 percent of the capital city\'s only top league club to Qatari investors. The deal means Qatar now owns 100 percent of the Paris club.

arabstoday
arabstoday

Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

Arab Today, arab today qatar boosts stake in french media giant vivendi Arab Today, arab today qatar boosts stake in french media giant vivendi

 



Arab Today, arab today

Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

Arab Today, arab today qatar boosts stake in french media giant vivendi Arab Today, arab today qatar boosts stake in french media giant vivendi

 



Arab Today, arab today France defies terrorism through tourism

GMT 15:18 2017 Saturday ,20 May

France defies terrorism through tourism
Arab Today, arab today Mai Al-Jeddawi presents décor ideas for Ramadan
Arab Today, arab today Sally Shaheen considers hosting a political show
View News in Arabic - Media: آخر الأخبار
Arab Today, arab today
Arab Today, arab today
Arab Today, arab today
Arab Today, arab today
 
 Arab Today Facebook,arab today facebook  Arab Today Twitter,arab today twitter Arab Today Rss,arab today rss  Arab Today Youtube,arab today youtube  Arab Today Youtube,arab today youtube
arabstoday arabstoday arabstoday arabstoday
arabstoday arabstoday arabstoday
arabstoday
بناية النخيل - رأس النبع _ خلف السفارة الفرنسية _بيروت - لبنان
arabstoday, Arabstoday, Arabstoday