The second donors conference for Syrian refugees' press centre officially opened on Monday by Kuwaiti State Minister for Cabinet Affairs and head of the event's organising committee, Sheikh Mohammad Abdallah Al-Mubarak Al-Sabah. The event, scheduled in two days' time, aims to amass the highest possible donations for those internally displaced within Syria and refugees abroad, whose total numbers have so far reached around seven million, the minister told a press conference at the venue. The minister was accompanied by the Minister of Information and State Minister for Youth Affairs Sheikh Salman Sabah Salem Al-Humoud Al-Sabah and the head of the event's media committee, Amiri Diwan advisor Mohammad Abulhassan. Last year's conference managed to gather over USD 1.5 billion - USD 300 million of which was from Kuwait, he said. This has significantly contributed to the response efforts for humanitarian and food assistance for millions of Syrians, he added. He hoped that the current conference achieves its aspired goals, expressing Kuwait's pride at the hosting of the international gathering of 69 nations - including 1,000 delegates and 200 journalists. For his part, the information minister said that the press centre was fully equipped to tend to the needs of the 200 journalists present in the country.